News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

F1 Manager 2022

Started by Chrill, July 11, 2022, 05:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

So, Frontier Developments (famous for park management games Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, and Jurassic World Evolution) are releasing an F1 manager game in the vein of Football Manager and similar.

It's looking great so far:

https://www.f1manager.com/

The game will feature a proper financial model including a budget cap, parts development, a transfer market with a junior talent scouting system including all F1 reserves as well as F2 and F3 drivers, regulation changes between seasons, and more.

I'm especially excited to try the following:
- Leclerc and Leclerc together
- Make Williams Great Again (maybe by signing Piastri alongside a solid "veteran" like Ricciardo?)
- Manage Red Bull and put all the car development to Perez just to watch Verstappen lose

Anyone thinking of getting the game? It'll be out for PC and consoles, but I guess these kinds of games work better with a mouse than a controller.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Chrill

All these F1 management talk got me remembering a game for a couple years ago, Motorsport Manager. There's a mod to it which essentially changes drivers and teams and rules etc. to mimic real Formula 1.

I went to manage Haas. My first order of business was firing Nikita Mazepin. I got Oscar Piastri onboard instead of signing K-Mag however. We finished the 2022 season in 9th, tied with Alfa Romeo on points but they went ahead due to a better best finishing position.

In the 2023 season, we're currently 4th in the constructors standings including a podium finish at Imola. Mick Schumacher is leading the team, but Oscar Piastri didn't develop as planned. I just stole Sergio Perez from Red Bull mid-season, and he will hopefully prove a solid backup to Mick Schumacher as we continue the hunt for our first victory!

For 2023, Leclerc also moved to Alpine to replace Ocon. Alonso-Leclerc is a fantastic pairing, but sadly Alpine is only 7th in the championship. Shockingly, Ferrari replaced Leclerc with Nick Tandy. Even more surprisingly, Tandy is matching and even beating Sainz.

Upon me signing Perez from Red Bull, they actually picked up Marcus Ericsson from IndyCar to race alongside Verstappen. Ganassi in turn signed Scott McLaughin to replace Ericsson.

After 7 of 12 rounds (I shortened the championship because I'm lazy), George Russell leads Nick Tandy by 129 points to 89, with Hamilton in 3rd at 80 points. Mick Schumacher, my number 1 driver, is 6th with 51 points.

Other fun transfers include Antionio Giovinazzi joining Formula 2's Van Amersfoort Racing, and Romain Grosjean joining AlphaTauri as their Reserve Driver!
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019