News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

The 2017 Season

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 01:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

Paul di resta looks set to replace an unwell Felipe Massa.

Massa was taken to hospital yesterday and cleared. He is at the circuit now but an onsite witness claims Williams was changing seats and pedals about 20 minutes ago, just as FP3 was coming to a halt. We'll see if he lies.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

... he was only a tenth ahead of Stroll in FP3, he must be ill.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Well Paul is confirmed for the rest of the weekend.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

Thought that was a good showing in quali given the circumstances.  Also a great session in general: no Merc on front row, Red Bulls more competitive after upgrades, McLaren showing that their chassis really ain't half bad, Kvyat collecting yet more penalty points, Palmer being miles off Hulk... most enjoyable.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Medicore race. Annoyed that Mercedes so clearly backs Hamilton this "early" in campaign. Impressed to see Hamilton returning the podium position to Bottas the way he did. Fair. Here's hoping he doesnt lose the championship by less than three points...

Alonso fastest lap, P6. Nice one, as expected.

Palmer P12. One worse than the P11 I expected. He isn't scoring points. Oh boy.

First points of the season to Vandoorne despite a miss (his own) in the pits costing many seconds.

Vettel held Raikkonen up but Raikkonen never attacked. Surprising, but I suppose he knows he is to be a number 2 driver if he wants to stay on for 2018.

Penfold

Not forgetting Alonso's great move on Sainz - someone's getting a ten for this race (besides Palmer, obviously).

Bottas had his chance to attack Kimi, wasn't exactly all over him, so sensible for Merc to give Hammy a shot - on the understanding that drivers swap back if he can't make the pass.

Great Ferrari no. 2 drive from Kimi... exactly the sort of performance that earns contract extensions.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Tragedy: Van Door to start from back of grid (or in pit lane) courtesy of all new Honda bits in back of car.  And I was expecting such great things from him/his car this weekend.

Weather update: May or may not be a wet race; could be sunny... could be cloudy.  Trust this helps with choosing your weekly pick.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Four engine/gearbox grid penalties for Spa... injects such excitement into the sport.

Ericsson: Five-place grid penalty for new gearbox
Wehrlein: Five-place grid penalty for new gearbox
Kvyat: 20-place grid penalty for excessive power unit components
Vandoorne: 60-place grid penalty for excessive power unit components and five place grid penalty for new gearbox

Quite likely Vettel will need to run a fifth, penalty-inducing engine at some point this year.  That's the way for titles to be decided, don't know how I managed to enjoy F1 for so many years without these grid drops.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

And four engine/gearbox grid penalties for Monza.

Ricciardo: 20 places for engine, turbo, and MGU-H.
Verstappen: 15 places for engine and MGU-H.
Sainz: 10 places for an extra MGU-H.
Alonso: 35 places for changing everything.

Marvellous.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

... plus a grid penalty for each of the Renault guys.

Quite some qualifying.  Superb by Hamilton, great showing by the Red Bulls, and of course hats off to Stroll for the margin he had over Massa - though what the hell is the Williams doing being fast in the wet?  Also a top effort by Ocon, I'm sure Perez is delighted for him....  Hoping Ferrari will be quick in the dry, though unfortunately for them Stroll's & Ocon's motors tend to be pretty nifty in a straight line.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Stroll impressed me in quali. He can clearly drive a car in wet conditions and that is usually the sign of a great driver. Perhaps he isn't all that bad after all.

The race disappointed me. Hamilton obviously won easily, Bottas easily claimed P2. Vettel struggled to even reach a podium. Ricciardo drove a fantastic race. Very dull race, I turned it off to go play Grand Theft Auto.

Matt

That crash was Vettel's fault. Not sure where they thought Max was supposed to go, Vettel just came over like no one was there. But Ferrari is incapable of accepting their own mistakes, as always.

Chrill

Yup. I blame Vettel too. Absurd behaviour by a world championship contender during a rainy night street race where nearest rival is p6 on grid. He simply didn't realize Raikkonen would make such a brilliant start, so he assumed Verstappen was squeezeable.

Masterful drive from Hamilton, painfully enough.

Penfold

Vettel clearly gunning for my 'F1 Idiot of the Year' award.  Mind you, Kvyat's going to take some catching.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill