News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

Video Games

Started by Matt, March 17, 2017, 12:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

My Xbox GT is Hibida87. Right now I have Forza 6, Horizon 3, and Rocket League. I'm not on a lot, but I mostly play FM6. Looking forward to the announcement for FM7, which should be this year if they follow their normal schedule. We'll see.

I also have the new Zelda already, but haven't been able to get a Switch yet. The new Mario Kart (really just a port of the WiiU version with all the DLC) comes out next month and should have online capability. But I don't have a Nintendo online account yet.

Until I can find a Switch, just replaying the original NES Zelda and the one for SNES. Hoping that the Switch will get restocked next week for the first time since release.

Chrill

I'm on Xbox too, ChristopherRe91. Mostly been playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands. It's a decent game, but the main story (as always) was too short.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Matt

Finally found a Switch on Saturday. Toys "R" Us announced on Friday that they would get a new shipment on Saturday. My girlfriend and I got up early on Saturday to get there before the store opened, but a sign out front said they had 10 and there were already 10 people waiting 50 minutes before the store opened. So I thought, I wonder if Target, which was already open, also got a shipment.

I checked their online stock system and determined that they had. There was a Target right down the street, so we went there and they were out. This was at about 8:15, and they opened at 8:00. We called another Target, they were out. We called a third and they said they still had some, so we drove 20 minutes to that Target and they were still there when we got there. Ultimately left the store with a Switch at about 8:50, while the people outside Toys "R" Us were still waiting until they opened at 9:00.

So I've started the new Zelda. The depth of the gameplay is amazing, especially considering I haven't played any non-racing game since Twilight Princess, the second Zelda game for GameCube. I do miss some of the traditional Zelda features, and breaking weapons is just annoying to me. But after a good 7-10 hours of gameplay, I'd estimate, I've probably seen about 12% of the map.

The next big release is Mario Kart at the end of April. Again, I haven't really played a Mario Kart game since Double Dash for GameCube, so I expect a bit of a learning curve. Online Mario Kart, though...

Matt

The last installment of Codemasters's F1 series was quite good, right? Mostly looking at Chrill for this one. I'll probably get F1 2017, which comes out about a month before Forza 7.

Chrill

I never bothered with F1 2016, because the Codemasters games have yet to impress me whatsoever. I might go for F1 2017, but most likely not. They're just not... very fun.

It could use a Career Mode. A proper one. Start in F3 (or F4, even!), win that and work your way up to F2. Perhaps two seasons required there before you manage to progress into F1. Unless of course you somehow get decent sponsorship. Drivers switch teams, retire, are promoted, etc. I would enjoy a Manager mode where I own a team and sign up talent, develop the car, etc., just like in Motorsport Manager, but with the added twist of driving one of the cars too ;)
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Matt

I picked up F1 2017. So far I've completed a couple of races. I've found it quite difficult, I'm running with the competition at the highest level of "easy" and with the braking lines on. Sure, I finished sixth in the Sauber, but without the braking lines I probably would have finished last. The cars feel very different than the F1 cars do in Forza. Also, honestly, all the strategy with engine components and such I don't really want to deal with.

That said, it does seem like a good game and belongs with the best of yearly sports games along with FIFA and Madden.

Chrill

I did pick up F1 2017 too. There was a bug that made engine wear much too high when running 25% or 50% races. Engines wore as though you did 100%, meaning they would wear four times faster than intended when running 25% and twice as fast if running 50%. This meant I could only complete about 2 race weekends before I had to exchange every single car part. That's pretty much Honda levels of reliability.

I'm doing Sauber too, struggling to find the right difficulty level for AI. Am running it on 60 (lowest level hard) now and find that it's about right. It makes it possible to spring a few surprise points in a Sauber at times, so maybe I should increase it a little bit more. Points clearly should not be possible.

Chrill

I do play a lot of Grand Theft Auto Online. Finally managed to afford the Import/Export business as CEO, and that makes money. A lot of money. It also involves high speed driving which I'm fond of. Shooting, not as much my thing really.

Matt

I still have it on the highest level of easy and am winning races in the Sauber. Obviously it's difficult to set the difficulty when the cars are all different. I've also needed to turn on the braking line. Something about the camera views makes it hard for me to pick up the tracks, even though I have no problem with it in Forza.

Chrill

Matt, buy GTA V. That is all. Their stunt races are too fun.

Matt

Too much to play as it is. Forza 7, still haven't actually finished Zelda, the new Mario comes out in two weeks. I also bought a Super Nintendo Classic and want to get into some of the games on there.

My brother plays a lot of GTA, but I don't think he has since Forza came out.