News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

Formula E (Electric Dreams)

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 01:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Problem with that is that we'd have to do different picks for each race, otherwise certain picks would be worth double points.

I think the only fair way to do full season drivers is to make Renault and Abt the two teams for first drivers. It?s more complicated than F1 because I don?t think anyone would take Prost or Abt, but those two teams so clearly had the best packages last season. Then second drivers are from any other team. For weekly, we have a few options: (1) One pick per locale, locales with two races only get half points per race; (2) One pick per locale, races at the same place count for full points, meaning some picks will be worth double; or (3) picks for every individual race.

Chrill

I'm with option 3 here. Any double header will count as two individual races in our picks. Therefore, for some weekends we do need two third drivers.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Matt

May as well just pick our first and second drivers. Buemi for first driver. Since I'll have last pick, (1) Rosenqvist, (2) Heidfeld, (3) Kobayashi as my second driver choices. Because the season is shorter than F1, we'll say five points for a driver change.

Chrill

I'll have Di Grassi as my first, with second preferably Rosenqvist. If not Rosenqvist, then Bird. If not Bird, then Heidfeld.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

Option 3.

I'll take Buemi for first driver with Bird as top choice for my no. 2, then Rosenqvist, and then Lynn.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

So that makes the teams:

Chrill:
1) Di Grassi
2) Rosenqvist

Matt:
1) Buemi
2) Rosenqvist

Penfold:
1) Buemi
2) Bird

Penfold

We'll be needing some picks for tomorrow's race.  If we're using one guy across both races I'll take Di Grassi; if we're using one for each race I'll have Prost for the first round and Di Grassi for the second.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

We?ll do one for each. Going for Heidfeld and then Abt.

Chrill

Matt

You?re still fine for the second race.

Chrill

Right. I'll have a look at Heidfeld then.

Matt

I didn?t see the race, but Abt got DQ?d for having the wrong numbers on parts of his car? That seems like something that should be a monetary fine, not a DQ.

Penfold

Infringement as stated by the FIA:  "The FIA security stickers (barcodes) on the inverter and MGU units did not correspond with those declared on the Technical Passport provided by the competitor Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler for the event."

So a fairly serious (and seriously stupid) mistake by the ABT guys.  Got to feel for Abt after losing the win, and also for Montara after a late spin cost him what would've been a massively deserved maiden victory.  All worked out sweetly for Rosenqvist - who did have a stellar drive except for his first corner cock-up - and so that might please somebody round here.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Well I missed one weekly and then picked the wrong lad for the second one. So I'm out of contention anyway.

My upcoming weeklies, then, so we'll have it all sorted:
Morocco, Chile, Mexico, Who knows where, Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, USA 1, USA 2, Canada 1, Canada 2
Rosenqvist, Bird, Mortara, Evans, Di Grassi, Buemi, Prost, Abt, Vergne, Lotterer, Kobayashi, and finally Piquet.

Penfold

Formula E is fairly unpredictable so I'll be amazed if we don't all pick up some terrible results during the season.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)