News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

Formula E (Electric Dreams)

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 01:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Looking at the FE calendar and noticed the Canada double-header has gone walkabouts, a quick search shows it was cancelled at end of last year: https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/133599/montreal-cancels-planned-fe-season-finale
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

Yes, political and financial problems. This will continue to be an issue as long as Formula E stays committed to street courses.

Chrill

Well, there are calls for a Swedish ePrix next season. We do sponsor the sport, ABB Formula E, and so a race here is only logical. Replace Montreal with Stockholm!
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Matt

And Rosenqvist would be a big draw, assuming he is still in Formula E next season.

Chrill

Indeed. Rumours place Joel Eriksson there too for next season, since practically every German car manufacturer is entering Formula E. BMW, his team, is one of them. Two Swedes on the grid is sexy. Also, let's assume Marcus Ericsson fails to remain in F1 for 2019, Formula E would be a decent place for him to go. There are a couple Swedes who could land a seat in FE in the coming seasons.

Tom Blomqvist is racing in FE too, and he's half-Swedish courtesy of his dad being Rally World Champion Stig Blomqvist.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

Nissan showing off how its 2018 FE machine might look:

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

The new cars just look clunky to me. They don't look like they're futuristic, they look like they're supposed to look futuristic. And Nissan's livery is just boring as hell.

Penfold

Grey/silver is just a depressing choice for a racing car, and with Merc entering FE next season that's at least two teams with Ron Dennis colouring.  I know where you're coming from with the "they look like they're supposed to look futuristic" comment but I'm still liking the styling, although I'm not a huge fan of the front wheel covers which are kind of clunky - plus I prefer my wheels naked....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Races in next season to be shortened to approx. 40 minutes from current 50 - 60 min. duration: https://www.racefans.net/2018/03/09/formula-e-races-shortened-2018-19-season/

So current batteries are doing 25 - 30 minutes, the new super-duper ones will manage 40.  Still think they should've stuck with the car swapping just to allow for higher speeds, not having to cut the race duration is now reason no. 2.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Entertaining race in Uruguay.  Particularly enjoyed the Vergne/di Grassi scrap, it reminded me just how much I miss the multi-lap battles in F1 of yore - thanks over-complicated aero for killing close racing, and congrats to DRS for removing all the tension!
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

It was a pretty good race, but not a lot of passing opportunities. Didn?t stop Rosenqvist from going P12 to P5.

45 minutes races is awful for live fans. There is not much else going on, there are not support series. I think they are adding a GT series next year? But still, not much going on for your money.

Chrill

Quote from: Matt on March 19, 2018, 11:55:29 AMDidn?t stop Rosenqvist from going P12 to P5.
Get that man a drive in F1.

Penfold

Quote from: Matt on March 19, 2018, 11:55:29 AM
It was a pretty good race, but not a lot of passing opportunities. Didn't stop Rosenqvist from going P12 to P5.
Or Mitch Evans zooming up from 16th to 4th.

Quote from: Matt on March 19, 2018, 11:55:29 AM45 minutes races is awful for live fans. There is not much else going on, there are not support series. I think they are adding a GT series next year? But still, not much going on for your money.
Jaguar I-Pace (so many bloody things prefixed by 'I' these days) support race joins the fray next season, but still won't be much track action for the punters.  I'd suggest two FE races at each event but probably take too long to cool and then charge the batteries, and two cars per driver doesn't seem very likely.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Massa taken enough time away from the track, has agreed a three-year deal to race for Venturi from next season: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44131389
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

Formula E will be racing in Riyadh next season because nothing matters other than Agag?s bank account.