News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

2017 Rule Changes

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 02:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Quote from: ChrillI figured there wasn't a great topic to discuss the upcoming changes to Formula 1. Allow me to create this topic. And post this image:

Now take a look at those 2017 Pirelli tyres. Oh mama. I like.

Good chance I posted this on another thread a couple of months back, but it's a handy reference to have here for how the cars are changing: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/05/10/side-side-compare-f1-cars-2016-2017/

And yes, the tyres do look pretty tasty.  Just irritated they didn't go down the 'minimal front-wing + ground effects - DRS' route.

Quote from: ChundlahThought this was maybe a thread to keep track of all the rule changes we will have during 2017...

Quote from: MattA quick look at what the regulations will require by the time we get to 2017:

Quote from: ChrillI... don't understand.

Quote from: Penfold
And yes, the tyres do look pretty tasty.  Just irritated they didn't go down the 'minimal front-wing + ground effects - DRS' route.
I sort of agree. I don't mind DRS really, but it should be toned down. I'd love a more simplistic approach to front wings, akin to what was used back in the early 2000s such as here:

Quote from: Chrill

Red Bull now testing the tyres too.

One more photo. I like these tyres OK?

New rules covering use of power unit components above and beyond the five per year limit: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/09/28/fia-prevent-repeat-hamiltons-power-unit-stockpiling/

Quote from: ChrillWhich I believe I complained about. Perhaps not here, but yes. Only the most recently introduced engine may be used. If they introduce engine 7, then engine 6 is no longer usable. If they introduce engine 8, then engine 7 is no longer available. This is good.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Some new stewarding rules for 2017.

1) More discretion for dealing with collisions: "... unless it is clear to the stewards that a driver was wholly or predominantly to blame for an incident no penalty will be imposed."

2) The 'Verstappen Rule' (i.e. moving under braking): stewards are now expected to only take action against such moves if they are shown to have been genuinely dangerous.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

Oh boy, "genuinely dangerous" is such an easy standard to interpret.