News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

Formula 1 Circuits

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 03:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Quite true.  Hardly any races (only Monaco?) are viable without Govt. support of some kind so why not add Zandvoort to that list.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Wave goodbye to Malaysia (as a GP host, not the country): http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/04/07/f1-confirms-no-malaysian-grand-prix-2017/

With the addition of France & Germany to the calendar we will still be up a race on this year, although I assume the bankrupt German circuits will need some assistance from Liberty to keep the show on the road.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I'd be OK with that. I like the circuit. Here's hoping the track can actually attract some spectators. In addition, I assume this is a political ploy from Erdogan. Europe's finest Dick-tator, he is.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

Tourist numbers into Turkey have mysteriously nosedived in recent years so going to need to concentrate on selling it to the domestic market.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Quote from: Penfold on April 12, 2017, 12:28:52 AM
Tourist numbers into Turkey have mysteriously nosedived in recent years so going to need to concentrate on selling it to the domestic market.
I actually had tickets to fly to Turkey last year. We ended up going to Portugal instead. I didn't mind.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

Long Beach to consider F1 over IndyCar: http://www.gazettes.com/news/so-moved-formula-or-indycar-long-beach-signs-race-study/article_6049e802-2477-11e7-8a21-2fd793b41e64.html

Read somewhere that the proposed New Jersey GP may leap back to life.  Fly in the ointment likely to be same as last time: financing the inevitable loss-maker.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I would be happy to see 3-4 races take place in North America every year, but no more than that. We already have Canada and COTA. One or two more, fine. Replace Sochi with Long Beach, replace Baku with New Jersey. That should be fine, then.

Penfold

From some motorsport site:

"Imola remains on track for a future return to the F1 calendar.

Before current Italian GP host Monza's 2017 deal was signed last year, the now ousted F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone had admitted Imola was in the running to snatch the historic Italian GP.

Now, Italy's authoritative La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that following an inspection by F1 race director Charlie Whiting, Imola has been given the necessary FIA circuit approval to host grands prix in future.

'I hope that soon there is the confirmation by national authorities so that we can implement at Imola the promises made by the president of the Aci (Automobile Club d'Italia),' said Formula Imola chief Uberto Selvatico Estense."

My chief concern is that an announcement of Imola's return to the F1 fold might just cause Chrill to explode with excitement....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

Quote from: Chrill on April 23, 2017, 04:25:26 AM
I would be happy to see 3-4 races take place in North America every year, but no more than that. We already have Canada and COTA. One or two more, fine. Replace Sochi with Long Beach, replace Baku with New Jersey. That should be fine, then.

Late reply to this, but Mexico is also considered part of North America.

Chrill

Sure, but it doesn't count ;D

Allow me to rephrase, then: 1 race in Mexico, 1 in Canada, 2-3 in USA

Chrill

Do you speak Swedish? No?
http://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/sport/motor/formel-1-i-kopenhamn-kan-bli-verklighet-2020/

Danish government is now officially backing a Danish GP from 2020. The funding comes from a mix of government and private interests, and a meeting has already been held with Chase Carey of the Liberty Media group. The fact that the Danish government is openly speaking of this now, mere days after their meeting with F1 bosses, shows that this is a real possibility.

Now, here's the drawback. It would be a city circuit around central Copenhagen. Built by. Yes. Him.

EDIT: English-speaking link but with less detail:
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns36803.html

Penfold

I suppose there's only so much horror that He can wreak on a street circuit.  Question is, does Copenhagen lend itself to F1?
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

That's a question for a whole other topic.

I have been to Copenhagen and it certainly is a beautiful city. As long as you can find the space for pits and all the other facilities, then I see no reason why it wouldn't lend itself to F1. Waterside, big and small roads. Can definitely build an interesting route if we tried to. I'll see if I can get around to designing one myself.