News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

F1 News Snippets

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 05:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

I have revised my expectations (even further) downwards....

One line from that article: "... at the FIA's own best estimates, the Halo would only be effective in 17 percent of potential incidents."

Christ knows how they arrive at such a figure: 17%... not 17.4% or 16.75% but bang on 17%.  Whenever I read this type of wild estimate presented as fact (typically by some Government or pressure group) I'm reminded of the late columnist/author/playwright Keith Waterhouse and his 'National Guesswork Authority plc'.  Not that this means a jot to anyone else here.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Sauber's recovery drive continues with plans to hire 100 new staff: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sauber-planning-to-boost-workforce-949680/

Would be good to have them back in the mid-field next year after a season of trundling round at the back - although 2016 wasn't exactly anything to write home about.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Alonso to enter Le Mans with Toyota and keen to participate in more of the 2018 WEC (which I guess means he'd do as much as McLaren allows): http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41947568
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Speculating is dangerous, but here's some piece of Schumacher information. The reason I report this is that his family always denies anything reported if it strays far from the truth, but they have not denied this.

Schumacher is aware enough to celebrate Christmas with his family for the first time since his accident, the family will be celebrating the holiday with Michael in his home-turned-rehab-facility. This is according to German media "InTouch". Previous Christmas celebrations have not been held at the house he is staying in, indicating at least some sort of progress has occurred under 2017.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

A sliver of promising news as we plough into the festive season.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

N?rburgring is negotiating a return to F1 in 2019, probably alternating once more with the Hockenheim circuit. Also, Force India will let their drivers battle again in 2018. There you are, some news for you.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

So this week's news boils down to a team continuing to allow its racing drivers to race, and one of the most tedious F1 circuits on the planet being in talks to once again alternate GPs with another of the most tedious F1 circuits on the planet.   Thin gruel indeed....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Ah, but then you should join F1 Fanatic's Connect 4 F1 edition!!

https://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1/forum/topic/only-connect-f1-edition/page/40/

Answer my question, who is the fourth driver in the sequence?

Penfold

Nothing obvious leaps out.  I guess that's kind of the idea....

Not related to World Championships - perhaps to do with race wins?  I'll ponder on it and post a wild guess (if I can manage even that) on the thread.

Edit: also I need to read that entire thread to know which questions have already been asked.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-to-undergo-biggest-change-in-2018-look-993928/
McLaren will be the team undergoing the biggest change of looks in 2018, including livery, garage, VIP amenities, etc. SUPER EXCITING STUFF RIGHT. They're also attracting some new sponsors, although no word on a title sponsor.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force-india-working-on-factory-upgrade-993607/
While McLaren is focusing on cosmetics and looks, Force India is working on upgrading their factory. Now that seems more reasonable.

Penfold

But the McLaren factory is already perfection, that's why they keep winning all the titles....

Could well be a full-on papaya orange McLaren this year.  That alone should gain them half a second.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Then again, how is orange-black --> papaya orange undoubtedly the biggest change in looks? I mean, Alfa Sauber goes from blue and gold to red and white. That's a bigger change. So McLaren probably has some sort of rather unique branding planned, perhaps not on the car's livery but their overall appearance in the paddock.

Chrill

The 4th race of the 2019 season (yes, next year) will be the one thousandth F1 race since the series began in 1950. How about that, huh?

Penfold

That is something.  Wonder how many of them I've seen... certainly over 500, maybe even nudging towards 600.

Oh, and if the 2019 calendar mirrors this year's then the 1000th race will be held in Baku. 
- Chrill (28/09/2018)