Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

And Vettel felt dizzy by it and had it removed immediately. So that's that.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Matt

A random guy on Reddit who claims to be an IndyCar insider says that Alonso is going to skip Singapore to run the Sonoma IndyCar race.

Penfold

I hope Jenson doesn't have a triathlon booked in for that weekend.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Jenson would have a penalty to serve then, though. It'd be better to draft Kubica  8)
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

Three-place grid drop... that's more like a treat for McLaren these days.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Always hard to picture Merc. willingly furnishing McLaren with engines, and damn near impossible in my mind for a Ferrari link-up, and now we get confirmation of just that from Zak Brown: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10949979/mclaren-claim-mercedes-and-ferrari-dont-want-to-help-with-2018-engine
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

McLaren-Renault it is. They already supply Red Bull so clearly they are willing to give their engines to teams which they will then struggle to beat  ;D

Penfold

Not sure that would apply to McLaren....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Get your grains of salt ready. You need to take these rumours with them.

Toro Rosso is looking to take on Honda engines for 2018, with McLaren going the other way and running Renault engines. Alonso has agreed to remain at McLaren on the condition that another engine is in the car.

These are all rumours in German media, which is where I get most of my horse dung.

Penfold

Stunned into silence by the double whammy of those insane rumours above and the FIA revealing that from next year cars must run the Halo device.  One man's suitably cynical take on Halo introduction: http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/142478-buxton-halo-goodbye
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I'm happy for the Halo being introduced. Dismissing it on looks is absurd, because it's not there to look good. It's there to save lives. Henry Surtees, Justin Wilson, Maria de Villota (spelling on that?).

Not to mention the near miss of Max Chilton getting hit by a tyre at Silverstone 2-3 years ago, or Alonso almost being beheaded by Grosjean at Spa some 5ish years go.

Penfold

Did you read his piece because at no point did he dismiss the Halo on looks.  What he did do was question the FIA's process of testing & then selecting Mr. Halo ahead of any alternatives; and also bemoaned the FIA ignoring Merc's take on the system: "Unfortunately, the sleek Mercedes idea (below) was bastardized by the governing body; the rudimentary construct that eventually saw its way to being tested in the real world falling in line with the FIA's basic parameters for roll cages. Thus the lumpy hoop we now know as Halo, rather than the intelligently considered, aero efficient concept first released to the world in renders two years ago, is what we have to put up with."

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Of course I didn't read. You expect me to make an effort?