News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

Formula E (Electric Dreams)

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 01:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

I can see why they've introduced the speed zones (boost zones? I don't know the official name) now that FE is a pit stop-free environment - inject some strategy into the affair with these two compulsory four-minute bites of extra power.  It's not an approach I love, but I wouldn't say it detracted from proceedings as much as DRS does in F1.  With an essentially evenly paced field in FE, if a rival does use their 25 kW boost to zip past there is every opportunity to repay the favour; with DRS in F1 it's normally so hard to stay within one second of someone that anyone who can trigger DRS has a fundamentally much faster car/newer tyres and simply eases away after the overtake.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

It's not so much that the field is evenly paced, but rather that the cars still don't go fast enough (and don't have enough grip) for aero wash to be a huge issue. But it's time to get rid of FanBoost, because there's just too many boosts going on. Not that FanBoost ever should have existed to begin with.

Penfold

FanBoost... so dire it almost makes F1's DRS passes seem like a pure form of racing.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

A fairly entertaining race last Saturday.  The Da Costa/Sims incident was quite hilarious....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

At what point will they just cancel the season? Only Chile, Mexico, and Morocco are in countries reasonably unaffected.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

Yeah, and they've already held those rounds!  Next races are Paris, Seoul, and Berlin, all meant to take place before the end of June.  Sure they will.

Talking of the Coronavirus... I see the U.K. continues to slip down the World leaderboard of reported cases: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Just a couple of weeks back we were safely within the top ten, but now we find ourselves in a rather lowly 15th (I'm ignoring the Cruise Ship entry) having been overtaken by a raft of countries, all of which bar the U.S. have considerably smaller populations than Britain.  I think our position has at least stabilised, for a while there I feared we'd drop behind Belgium (can you imagine!), and so hopefully we can build from this base as we try and chase down Sweden, the Netherlands, and Denmark.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

We're concerned over how the 2nd race in a double header will feel, but the SIXTH in a sextuple-header? That's just impressive.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

Yeah, but it's three different configurations of the entirely charmless Templehof airport venue, so that should keep everyone enthralled....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Ah yes, the airpot they abandoned 10-15 years ago for the new Brandenburg Airport (which hasn't opened yet).

If you're bored, and haven't heard of the Berlin Brandenburg Airport, go find a video on YouTube or read an article. It's an absolute hoot, such a failure.

Penfold

I did see a piece about it a couple of years back, but I just went and refreshed my memory and, well, what a fuck up.  I see it's slated to open this October, and after looking at some shots of the interior, I do find it rather humorous that they'll have a brand new state-of-the-art airport that already looks ten years old!
- Chrill (28/09/2018)