News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

The 2018 Season

Started by Penfold, June 21, 2017, 03:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

No. Fir pee pee pee Eff one.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

Fir pee... sounds painful.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

https://racer.com/2018/09/14/wolff-angry-over-lies-about-ocon-as-wehrlein-leaves-mercedes/

Big talk from someone who still employs Bottas, to the detriment of many Mercedes junior drivers. Ocon is as ready to move up now as Leclerc is. Bottas has shown that he is not world champion material. Do not talk about other teams not taking the best talent when you also fail to.

Penfold

Quite outrageous that these lesser teams would put their own interests first.  I mean, how dare Renault snap up Ricciardo when Merc needs that spot for one of their future stars?  As for the second of Ocon's "offers on the table with contracts", well that must've been with Force India who, for no good reason, suddenly decided to hand a seat to Lance Stroll sometime in early August.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

If Mercedes fails to secure a seat for Ocon for 2019, why would he trust them with his future? He's definitely proven himself worthy of F1, and cutting ties to Mercedes might be his way back to the grid.

Well, rumours still place Ocon at Williams but I could see that seat going to Markelov of F2 "fame" and of Russian money. Or to Ericsson.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Matt

Perez is such a frustrating driver. He has both speed and race craft, but then just goes off the rails sometimes.

Penfold

Crunching Ocon into the wall was bad enough, but a day after the event and I still can't believe he just steered into Sirotkin... absolutely bonkers!  Good job it wasn't on the other Williams....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Engine penalties for Sochi: Alonso, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Gasly, and Hartley.  Five cars out of twenty isn't bad going, but I'm kind of hoping we can get to seven or eight starting at the back of the grid.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I think we could make these penalties more fun. Let those guys literally line up alongside each other. If there's no room, I don't care, park outside the track. Then at the start, demolition derby.

Penfold

Or... you qualify as normal but then have to start from your grid spot facing backwards. 
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I'd be up for that. In P5, Verstappen reverses off the grid and pulls a handsome three-point turn before accelerating down the start/finish line.

Also, loving that signature of yours. I may need to update mine now that is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari for 2019.

Chrill

Quote from: Chrill on September 28, 2018, 03:47:03 AMIt is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari for 2019.
And there we have it.

Penfold

So, no Ericsson at Ferrari in 2019; yet again, F1 fans are deprived of a toe-to-toe fight between two titans of the sport.

I know it's belated, but I realised I hadn't commented on this tragic turn of events.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

Ericsson mentioned that he was interested in IndyCar. Could we have Felix and Ericsson?

Penfold

Pity that IndyCar isn't on a FTA channel over here, I reckon it could rack up some decent viewing figures with a little bit marketing behind it - particularly if Alonso makes the jump.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)