News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

F1 News Snippets

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 05:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brawn-overtaking-force-field-solutions-1020664/

Ross Brawn announces that the "let's improve overtaking" focus group is already making progress, with some changes about to be introduced in 2019 and 2020 before a big 2021 overhaul of the rules.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

I already had 2021 marked down as the date when F1 reaches the promised land, but obviously if they can tweak a few things for next year all the better.  Everything crossed that all DRS systems are removed at the end of 2020 and ceremonially burnt on a pyre constructed atop a twenty foot podium on Monza's main straight.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Oh god no, we're not burning the DRS. We're introducing a Super DRS, which will always be available for everyone except the guy at the front. Therefore the leader will always be overtaken on every single straight and the winner is basically whoever overtakes before the final corner.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

I'm picturing a train of cars jostling for second place but all waiting for the final lap to make their move on the leader.  Of course mister leader may just unexpectedly veer off-line and lift a little to let some other poor bastard head the train.  All sounds like great entertainment....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Indeed! It would make F1 even more tactical!

You know how in athletics they have a "rabbit" to ensure a fast time for middle- or long distance running? Well, we're going to have a tortoise! Jarno Trulli will drive a 2016 Manor F1 car and will always start on pole position. He is near impossible to overtake, but also fairly slow. Trulli trains are a fond memory from the past, so we'll bring those back.

Penfold

Well, on Friday morning Brawny will present his (and Liberty's) ideas for the future of F1 to the team bosses, and hopefully details of said plans will be released for public consumption.  Based on comments from this thread, it is clear that the overwhelming majority of F1 fanatics are desperate that provision be made for a 'Super DRS' and/or mandatory 'Trulli Trains'.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Honest question. Is the memory of Trulli Trains a fond memory of yours? Yes or no?

Penfold

No.  I'd consider them more an illustration of how F1 had let itself chase speed through aerodynamics without a thought to the 'dirty air' issue.  Introducing DRS has allowed the situation to fester because, hey, there are plenty of overtakes going on so why tackle the underlying issue.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Leclerc praises Ericsson as a really strong driver:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/leclerc-ericsson-making-first-gps-difficult-1024763/

It's great to see Ericsson being spoken about in kind words. We don't get that a lot. Vasseur has been talking him up, media and journalists also after this race. Now his worst rival, the team mate, agrees. I hope he can continue this positive trend, my fellow rutabaga.

Penfold

Yep, but you were beaten to the punch by Mr. Carbine on the 'Rate the Drivers' thread.  I'm afraid that's minus one from your MF1 ranking for posting duplicate info....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Quote from: Penfold on April 11, 2018, 04:37:58 AM
Yep, but you were beaten to the punch by Mr. Carbine on the 'Rate the Drivers' thread.  I'm afraid that's minus one from your MF1 ranking for posting duplicate info....
Why would he post news about Ericsson in that thread? ::)

Penfold

You cheeky little post editor, you!
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

The Methuselah of Formula 1, Rubens Barrichello, survived a cancer scare earlier this year. According to him, only 14% diagnosed with that condition go on to recover. We're happy he's not gone, he's a happy fellow.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/04/17/barrichello-a-miracle-that-i-am-alive/

Penfold

Good old Rubens.  Glad he's okay.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill