Started by Penfold, January 20, 2021, 05:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

Mercedes

• First 75% look good
  • The AMG AMG AMG AMG AMG AMG rear looks absurd
I'll rate it a mediocre 5/10.

Alpine

• The more muted on-track colours look great, indeed more Prost-like which I specifically requested
  • The French tricolor on the front wing especially looks neat

Strong stuff. 8/10 for me, easily.

Aston Martin

• Hoped for more to be honest
  • The pink is actually a nice touch with the BWT branding, it adds something

Still not bad at all, how about 7/10.

Haazepin F1 Team

• The colours of a sexual predator don't belong in F1. Literally, the Russian flag is genuinely banned but this livery is approved anyway
  • Haas sold out to Rich Energy but somehow didn't lose their reputation. Now they did. I loathe this team

Stil, not an absolut horrible livery. A bit too white maybe. 3/10.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Matt

I really like the look of the Haas if you ignore the context.

Penfold

I don't care for the unsubtle way they've whacked the flag colours on the front wing, but aside from that I like the Haas livery.

Missed out Williams and the FW43B:

Not a fan of this one....
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Yeah, not a fan of the Williams either. I see most people commenting positively on it, though, which surprises me. Perhaps it will look better in the flesh. I'd rate it at 4/10 at best.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Chrill

The Ferrari SF1000:

Horrid. Absolutely awful. Why red and burgundy in some sort of weird fade, and why the Marlboro logos in GREEN?

Nope. No no. How can you mess up a Ferrari red?

Penfold

Hilarious. Might be the worse colour fade I've ever seen. Not that the two reds go together anyway, but at least do a better job than that. And then there's the green....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

The green makes no sense to me. The white actually looked good and stands out even more.

Chrill

Quote from: Penfold on March 10, 2021, 09:48:14 AM
Hilarious. Might be the worse colour fade I've ever seen.
Justin Timberlake disagrees.

Penfold

You've got me there!

Red Bull in action:

RB's customary under-developed barge board area...
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

First sighting of the Merc's floor - always a crucial area but perhaps more so this year as max size has been reduced.

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

In case anyone was wondering, the Ferrari doesn't improve in the flesh:

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Philip Morris spokesman explains the switch to green for Mission Winnow - ready yourself for some top notch PR shite:

"From the start, Mission Winnow has always experimented with its visual identity," he said. "Much like a green screen does for film, the green arrow represents possibility and opens the opportunity to imagine new horizons.

"Regardless of opinions about the colour, sparking debate and creating dialogue is exactly what Mission Winnow is meant to do. We have consistently encouraged people to place their preconceptions about our company aside and to open their mind to the transformation we are going through.

"More broadly, Mission Winnow focuses on promoting [and] driving positive change, fostering engagement and opening conversations around the role that science, technology and innovation can play in helping to address a range of societal challenges - now and into the future"

Good to know it's not just a cunning marketing ploy...
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

eurobrun

I've noticed that in both F1 and F2 this season we have too much blue!  Particularly with the Renault and Racing Point branding changes,  we've lost some bright vivid distinctive liveries at the expense of more dark colours.

This was highlighted by the driver tracker graphic that is now pretty impossible to follow (worse if you're colour blind!) Now that it's just a bunch of shades rather than obvious colours.  Even the Aston Martin muddy "green" looks blue!

Rent over  :o

Penfold

It is a real smorgasbord of blues this year, the least varied range of F1 liveries that I can remember.  Not caught any track action yet, and must say I'm now oddly keen to see the driver tracker graphic!
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

They replaced the driver positions on-screen from coloured bars to team logos. That made a big difference. What the live timing shows, I don't know. I assume the colours are still there?