News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

2021 Season - Rate the Drivers

Started by Chrill, March 29, 2021, 01:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

I'm going to give this a try, and we'll see if 2021 is more successful in being rated than 2020. Please join us, all members of MF1! :)

Document:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PGqNyT0O6eH1NZd0hC-e9zJ0wzLDMYPkST0BvU0PxBU/edit?usp=sharing

Template? Template!

Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team:
Lewis Hamilton - /10 |
Valtteri Bottas - /10 |

Red Bull Racing Honda:
Sergio Pérez - /10 |
Max Verstappen - /10 |

McLaren F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - /10 |
Lando Norris - /10 |

Aston Martin Cognizant F1 Team:
Sebastian Vettel - /10 |
Lance Stroll - /10 |

Alpine F1 Team:
Fernando Alonso - /10 |
Esteban Ocon - /10 |

Scuderia Mission Winnow Ferrari:
Charles Leclerc - /10 |
Carlos Sainz Jr. - /10 |

Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda:
Pierre Gasly - /10 |
Yuki Tsunoda - /10 |

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen:
Kimi Räikkönen - /10 |
Antonio Giovinazzi - /10 |

Uralkali Haas F1 Team:
Nikita Mazepin - /10 |
Mick Schumacher - /10 |

Williams Racing:
Nicholas Latifi - /10 |
George Russell - /10 |
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Chrill

Lewis Hamilton - 9/10 (Pressured HARD by Verstappen, and really had to fight for it. Minus for actually being passed at the end, even though Verstappen ended up off-track)
Valtteri Bottas - 6/10 (Bottas 3.0? Bottas 4.0? No, same old Bottas in distant 3rd. This won't cut it once Perez qualifies with this group)

Red Bull Racing Honda:
Sergio Pérez - 9/10 (So very unfortunate to lose the car on the formation lap, but fought back to a solid P5. Not quite the recovery he had here in 2020 eh?)
Max Verstappen - 7/10 (Didn't win despite having probably the fastest car, but came tantalisingly close)

McLaren F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - 6/10 (Definitely solid debut, but could not match his team mate)
Lando Norris - 8/10 (Showed Ricciardo that he's up for a battle if he wants to be the top McLaren this season. We expected nothing less)

Sebastian Vettel - 3/10 (Heh. His Ferrari form continues. Did you know he finished ahead of Mick Schumacher only?)
Lance Stroll - 7/10 (Salvaged a point with a car that didn't quite look up for it)

Alpine F1 Team:
Fernando Alonso - 8/10 (Got into Q3, the Alpine looks like it does not belong there but this is Alonso. Ended up retiring after the halfway point, but ran solidly in points up to that point)
Esteban Ocon - 5/10 (Did he drive the same car? Caught out in Q1, not his fault, but failed to make progress in the race)

Charles Leclerc - 8/10 (Encouraging for Ferrari fans to see them battling for 3rd fastest with McLaren. Could definitely have one or two podium visits this season)
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 8/10 (Would score 7/10 had this been in the middle of the season, but for a debut it's a 8. Finished less than 10 seconds behind Leclerc despite qualifying four places behind him)

Pierre Gasly - X/10 (Contemplated a 5 or 6, because he ran almost the entire race without making his way back in the midfield. Ended up picking a non-score for this one)
Yuki Tsunoda - 8/10 (That's a debut. Points on the table in his first race. Once he settles in, he'll be a strong rival to Gasly and these two could form one of the strongest midfield driver pairings this season)

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen:
Kimi Räikkönen - 7/10 (Perhaps I need to revisit my picture of the Alfas, because I was going to rate him really highly but then realised both cars were pretty close to Q3. So 11th is pretty much a decent result but nothing more)
Antonio Giovinazzi - 5/10 (Got lapped, and ended up behind Kimi despite qualifying ahead. Something we saw a lot in 2020 too, Giovinazzi lacking race pace even though he can often match or beat Kimi on a Saturday)

Uralkali Haas F1 Team:
Nikita Mazepin - 0/10 (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you love to see it)
Mick Schumacher - 6/10 (Solid first outing, except a minus point for that spin on lap 5. Thrilled to see his name in F1)

Williams Racing:
Nicholas Latifi - 5/10 (As anonymous as ever)
George Russell - 8/10 (Punching above his weight as always. Should not be driving anything other than the second Mercedes this season, but there's a Finn in the way)
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

It's a fine template, though I note some of the driver names are off.  I'll use the correct monikers on my entry, which will be with you tomorrow.

Entertaining summaries as ever: I knew Marzipan's crash would give you a good laugh!
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

There are indeed several new names for you to... Interpret.

Matt

Lewis Hamilton - 10/10
Valtteri Bottas - 7/10

Red Bull Racing Honda:
Sergio Pérez - 9/10
Max Verstappen - 9/10 (Should have won, wasted his chance)

McLaren F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - 7/10
Lando Norris - 8/10

Sebastian Vettel - 3/10 (Bad luck in qualifying, compounded by a penalty, compounded by again locking up into someone else for no reason)
Lance Stroll - 7/10 (Car doesn't seem that good this year)

Alpine F1 Team:
Fernando Alonso - 7/10
Esteban Ocon - 6/10

Charles Leclerc - 9/10
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 8/10

Pierre Gasly - 6/10
Yuki Tsunoda - 8/10

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen:
Kimi Räikkönen - 7/10
Antonio Giovinazzi - 6/10 (Was he even in the race?)

Uralkali Haas F1 Team:
Nikita Mazepin - 0/10 (If not for qualifying, I would have given him a 1)
Mick Schumacher - 6/10 (Did the exact same thing as Mazepin, just avoided the walls)

Williams Racing:
Nicholas Latifi - 7/10
George Russell - 8/10

A lot of 7s this week because it's hard to say exactly how everyone performed relative to their cars.

Penfold

Merc:
Hammy - 10 - Start as you always do, flat out
Val - 7 - Start as you mean to continue, indifferently

Red Bull:
Surger - 9 - Lived up to his new name
Max - 9 - Affected by a dodgy diff (I think it was), but still had enough speed in the car to win

McLaren:
Ricky Hairdo - 8 - Floor damage from Gasly collision cost him race pace
Chuck Norris - 9

A team called Aston Martin:
My Fault Again - 3 - Who needs brakes, just use the car in front!
Speedy Stroller - 7

Alpine:
Alonso - 8
OffOn - 5

Ferrari:
'It is I' - 9
Rally Guy's Son - 8

Boris Johnson (aka Alpha Tory):
Greasy Peril - 5 - Clipped Ricciardo
Tsunoda - 8

Alfauber:
Kimi - 7
Adam Ant - 5

Haas:
Hazaspin - 0
Mickey Boy - 6

Williams:
Latifi - 6
Jack Russell - 8
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

eurobrun

Lewis Hamilton - 10/10
Valtteri Bottas - 6/10

Red Bull Racing Honda:
Sergio Pérez - 8/10
Max Verstappen - 10/10

McLaren F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - 7/10
Lando Norris - 8/10

Sebastian Vettel - 3/10
Lance Stroll - 6/10

Alpine F1 Team:
Fernando Alonso - 7/10
Esteban Ocon - 4/10

Charles Leclerc - 8/10
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 7/10

Pierre Gasly - 5/10
Yuki Tsunoda - 8/10

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen:
Kimi Räikkönen - 7/10
Antonio Giovinazzi - 6/10

Haas F1 Team:
Nikita Mazepinr - 0/10
Mick Schumacher - 5/10

Williams Racing:
Nicholas Latifi - 6/10
George Russell - 8/10

Not got the time to give comments, but thought I'd join in with numberwang

Chrill

Hey, that might just be a new record. Four of us rating the race. I hope we'll keep it up over the season, to get some representative numbers. I might look into fixing up a 2021 document sooner rather than later, to keep the stats in.

Chrill

Click here for insights, with my lovely updated-for-2021 Sheet for the Driver Ratings.

Obviously number 1 rated is Lewis. Perez and Verstappen are rated equally at 8.750. More stats in document.

Penfold

Imagine my shock to see none other than the incredible Mazepin planted at the bottom of the table!

I see my McLaren fanboy tendencies are helping Lando and Danny from the off.... Although I was uncharacteristically (damn, that's a long word) generous with my scoring across much of the field -  must've been in a good mood at the time!  Hopefully normal service will resume from Imola.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

There are some discrepancies in our personal average ratings, for me rating Gasly a N/A. It is not included in your personal average, because it's a non-score. For Team Ratings, however, that gives an unfair advantage to Tsunoda's rating. Every team is made up of TWO ratings, and since mine for Gasly isn't 0, it's blank, it gives an incorrect value.

It should sort itself out once Gasly scores with me. ;D

I also note that for "Team Ratings", it highlights Penfold's 6.850 as the highest when Matt's average is in fact higher. I'll perhaps investigate why.

Well that was easily fixed.

Chrill

Let's do the... uh... Formula 1 Pirelli Gran Premio del Made in Italy e dell'Emilia Romagna 2021.

Lewis Hamilton - 8/10 (From pole to P2, if you want to be frank. Impressive comeback, but only required due to his own mistake)
Valtteri Bottas - 3/10 (Ran in 9th all race, and then crashed with Russell. I accept the stewards decision of "no further action" re the crash, but Bottas should not have been that far back to begin with)

Red Bull Racing Honda:
Sergio Pérez - 5/10 (Difficult race once more for Sergio. Impressive qualifying, dropped from 2nd to 4th in the beginning stages, overtook behind SC, and then spun himself out of contention)
Max Verstappen - 9/10 (From 3rd on the grid to P1 into the first corner. Deducting one point for almost crashing at that one restart, but very close to a perfect 10)

McLaren F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - 7/10 (Played the team game very nicely when he let Norris pass. That gave McLaren a podium, and D-Ric was still 6th!)
Lando Norris - 10/10 (Made up for a very disappointing qualifying by finding his way back to where he could have started the race. Kept Leclerc away despite DRS, and even kept Hamilton behind for a bit. Really good stuff, really really good)

Sebastian Vettel - 5/10 (It's not getting a whole lot better for him, is it? Started from the box, then some sort of infraction with 5-minute mark which I guess was the moving of the car to the pit lane?)
Lance Stroll - 8/10 (The Aston Martin CAN score points, when others struggle at least. Stroll benefitted from other cars dropping down the order, and showed again that he is damn strong in these conditions. We saw it in Turkey 2020, and remember that P2 on the grid at Monza a few years back? Yeah, Stroll likes the rain)

Alpine F1 Team:
Fernando Alonso - 6/10 (He could not match his team mate, but he almost kind of could. At least got himself into the points with the post-race Kimi penalty)
Esteban Ocon - 7/10 (Only just, but still definitely, the better Alpine car in this race. Finished just one second ahead of Alonso, but definitely was ahead)

Charles Leclerc - 8/10 (Perhaps P4 is what Ferrari is capable of right now, but a P2 looked possible at one point)
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 8/10 (Started 11th, finished 5th. That's pretty good, you know)

Pierre Gasly - 7/10 (Definitely not the right call with Full Wets at the start, and the driver is to be blamed. Nice comeback drive!)
Yuki Tsunoda - 5/10 (Not his race. Struggled to obey the track limits, ending up with a time penalty of 5 seconds for repeatedly going wide in Turn 9)

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen:
Kimi Räikkönen - 8/10 (Scored solid points! Oh no, they got rid of them. Absurdly harsh penalty, considering he did NOT do what Perez was penalised for but got penalised for NOT doing it. I am confused. Kimi went wide, did not regain his position, was penalised. Perez went wide, regained his position, was penalised. Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old, please)
Antonio Giovinazzi - 4/10 (Well, I guess he was in the race?)

Uralkali Haas F1 Team:
Nikita Mazepin - 6/10 (Hate to admit it, but he had no blame in the Latifi crash. Did end up almost a full lap behind Schumacher despite running ahead after Schumacher's spin)
Mick Schumacher - 6/10 (Almost a full lap faster than Mazepin, but points deducted for spinning the car into the wall all on his own. Rookies gonna rook)

Williams Racing:
Nicholas Latifi - 2/10 (Spun, rejoined, crashed into an innocent sex offender. Awkward)
George Russell - 6/10 (Aimed for 9th. Found a wall. Strong race up until that point, but should have waited for a better overtaking opportunity)

Penfold

I'm sure something happened to Giovinazzi to push him down the field, but bugger me I can't remember it....

Bottas, oh dear.  Apart from Latifi he was surely the worst performer out there this weekend.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

He was good in Q1 and Q2, dear Bottas. Matching or beating Hamilton. And then, well...

Chrill

4 ratings in race 1, 1 in race 2. I do not like. Matt, Penfold, and eurobrun, please step up!  :D