News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

Formula 1 Circuits

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 03:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/five-f1-season-opener-australian-gp/10322834/
Australia remains on the grid until at least 2035, that's a long time! During that time, they will host the opener five times including 2024 and 2025.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

Now that is a long contract... Good news though, is one of my favourites.  Not sure about Melbourne because of the logistics of shutting everything down, but hopefully Formula E will be using a range of F1 circuits before that contract expires - bit of a random segue, thought just popped into my head
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Right. F1 is aiming for 24 races next year, but we have to fit that around several (potentially) new venues. We know Las Vegas is joining. We think South Africa/Kyalami is coming back. Qatar is also rejoining for 2023, as is China.

That means at least one race, maybe two, is leaving us. Unfortunately, that race is not the Circuit de Catalunya. Rumour has it Nice is vying to steal the French GP from Paul Ricard as well. Could Nice replace both the French and Monaco GPs? Or is Spa heading out the door again?

It kind of seems we're losing either Spa or Monaco. Neither is acceptable.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

We're at 21 this year, so one to lose if those you mention all come on board... my guess would be they start to alternate Spa with a French GP. Pleases nobody except Liberty who get to say that both are still on the calendar.... Monaco too prestigious to be kicked in my opinion.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I'd take an alternating Spa. It'd make those weekends more special, if anything.

Penfold

I'd prefer an alternating China/Bahrain (or Singapore!) myself, the fewer of those the better
- Chrill (28/09/2018)