News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

Super Formula 2020

Started by Matt, August 26, 2020, 09:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Got my picks for SUGO in early.  Might tweak them closer to the race.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

Saturday night is going to be difficult. The end of Petit Le Mans is going to overlap with the start of Bathurst, which will then overlap with Super Formula.

Penfold

Sounds like a job for caffeine and a recording device, assuming you want to binge watch them on Saturday.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Entry list for round 3: https://superformula.net/sf2/en/race2020/round3/entrylist/

First race of the season for Camara; whilst Nakajima, Kobayashi, and Yamashita are all back in action after missing rd. 2.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

I'm just going to update the standings page on the site, which is now updated. Click on the banner on the homepage.

Penfold

I like the layout you've done there, nice and clear.

I had almost perfect picks for SUGO, right up until Sette Camara had a dodgy stop and then slid off the track on cold tyres.  I am getting more into the races as familiarity with the teams and drivers builds - if only the guys doing the commentary on YouTube channel 'The Race' were a little better.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

I agree that they aren't very good. They seem to be big fans of racing in general, I just don't think they're great as commentators. The races might also be available on something called Red Bull TV, which I streamed qualifying from a couple of races ago. I know they had Martin Plowman and a couple of other guys who seemed a little more animated than the The Race guys.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the racing too. I've heard a lot of hype about how great Super Formula is, but very little seems to happen.

Penfold

Certainly not the highest quality field I've seen, and many of them seem quite passive in their racing.  More of a fast Sunday drive than an all-out battle for position.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

Which goes against the stereotype of Japanese drivers. Although I've been watching Super GT too, which they almost all race in, and there's quite a bit of contact and aggression in those cars.

Matt

Penfold

Yep.  Not watched the race yet, probably see it tomorrow, but did my picks a few days back.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

It was pretty much like the previous races. A few different pit strategies, but nothing too crazy happened. A replacement commentator who got every name wrong, though.

Penfold

Never got round to watching it, but sounds like I didn't miss too much. I'll be sure to catch the next one. Probably.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

This weekend is a doubleheader, so the first race is a day earlier than usual. Less than 24 hours from this post.

Penfold

Cheers for the reminder, I'll add my carefully considered picks to the mix.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)