News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

Recent posts

Formula One / Re: 2023 Driver Speculation
Last post by Chrill - September 12, 2022, 04:59:02 AM
Nobody knows why, but it seems the final Haas seat is a battle between has-been Hulkenberg and has-been Giovinazzi, whereas the incumbent driver (currently beating his team mate, as he did last year) is apparently not really in the running.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/nico-hulkenberg-2023-haas-seat-mick-schumacher/10368245/
Formula One / Re: The 2022 season
Last post by Chrill - September 12, 2022, 02:39:32 AM
Can't believe they had SIX laps to restart, but used 3 of them just finding Verstappen on track. The safety car was almost 75% of a lap ahead of the leader which obviously prevented marshals from removing Ricciardo's car. We could easily have had at least 2 full laps of racing at the end even following correct restart procedure. Absurd.
Last post by Penfold - September 12, 2022, 01:53:03 AM
Great performance by de Vries, the race director not so much....
Last post by Chrill - September 10, 2022, 04:32:40 AM
De Vries will drive for Williams this weekend in place of Albon who has been hospitalized due to pain. Albon is getting his appendix removed apparently.
Formula One / Re: 2022 Dutch Grand Prix
Last post by Chrill - September 07, 2022, 01:59:15 AM
Well it was an experience! Dutch fans were truly very friendly, nothing like the Austrian GP whatsoever. From what I've heard, most outsiders (read: Mercedes or Ferrari fans) felt the same too.

I was happily surprised to hear that, second to Verstappen, the most cheered for drivers were Mick Schumacher and Lando Norris. A fair amount of cheers for Alonso too.

After the race, interviewing Russell in a Mercedes and Leclerc in a Ferrari the crowd around me cheered for both. No booing. It was just a welcoming atmosphere.

Finally, my first Grand Prix!! The racing could have been more exciting, at one point it looked like Hamilton could genuinely challenge for the win.
Formula One / Re: 2022 Dutch Grand Prix
Last post by Penfold - September 02, 2022, 02:25:02 AM
Hope it's a great race for you, should certainly be a lively crowd! Perhaps a Lewis Hamilton hat for you....

Talking of Zandvoort, I see they've glued down some of the gravel to stop it being dragged across the track: https://www.racefans.net/2022/09/02/zandvoorts-fake-gravel-gets-early-thumbs-up-from-drivers/

Seems far too sensible for F1
Formula One / 2022 Dutch Grand Prix
Last post by Chrill - August 29, 2022, 09:51:03 AM
Well, I'm attending it. As is my wife. Hello Louise!

We're starting the journey today, because we're driving from Stockholm to Amsterdam. To make sure it's not too much of a chore, we're stopping a lot. We just arrived in Copenhagen, Denmark, for 2 nights here. On Wednesday we'll stop in Hamburg before arriving in Amsterdam on Thursday.

I've never been to a race, so this is all very exciting for me. I just better make sure to keep my wife away from the looney Verstappen fans, she'll be wearing Mercedes gear... :D

Sorry, I don't know if this warrants a topic but I felt like it so here you are
Last post by Chrill - August 27, 2022, 05:36:56 AM
The Ferrari powered found a loophole. If you get a grid penalty of over 15 places, you're automatically on the back of the grid. So Ferrari simply got one 10-place demotion, followed by a separate 15-place demotion. This was done by replacing half the engine prior to P1, and the other half prior to P2. Essentially, they are moved down 25 places but not "back of the grid". Leclerc, Bottas, and Schumacher will all start ahead of Verstappen, Norris, Ocon (and now Zhou).

Funny, yes, but not funny "haha", funny "thats wrong".
Last post by Penfold - August 26, 2022, 10:43:36 AM
Grid penalties begin in earnest:

Verstappen, Leclerc, Norris, Ocon, Bottas, and Schumacher all with at least a 15 place grid drop for Spa
Formula One / Re: 2023 Driver Speculation
Last post by Penfold - August 26, 2022, 10:38:15 AM
No, he said it's not true... aren't you convinced by that? lol