- Chrill (28/09/2018)

eurobrun

Hungary

Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team:
Lewis Hamilton - 8/10
Valtteri Bottas - 0/10

Red Bull Racing Honda:
Sergio Pérez - x/10
Max Verstappen - x/10 (although I'm tempted to give Max 7 cos I thought he actually did well to get the car to the finish and score any points given the damage)

McLaren F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - 5/10
Lando Norris - x/10

Aston Martin Cognizant F1 Team:
Sebastian Vettel - 9/10
Lance Stroll - 0/10

Alpine F1 Team:
Fernando Alonso - 9/10
Esteban Ocon - 10/10

Scuderia Mission Winnow Ferrari:
Charles Leclerc - x/10
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 8/10

Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda:
Pierre Gasly - 8/10
Yuki Tsunoda - 6/10

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen:
Kimi Räikkönen - 5/10
Antonio Giovinazzi - 5/10

Haas F1 Team:
Nikita Mazepin - x/10
Mick Schumacher - 6/10

Williams Racing:
Nicholas Latifi - 10/10
George Russell - 8/10

Chrill

Awesome. I've actually got some work today, for the first time in a bit, but I should be able to round up the scores this afternoon and we'll get a summer break table!
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Chrill

With all them ratings, we now have a half-season report!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PGqNyT0O6eH1NZd0hC-e9zJ0wzLDMYPkST0BvU0PxBU/edit#gid=512518002

So, the last update was following the Azerbaijan GP in Baku, 5 races ago. We actually don't have a lot of movement from then to now:

Biggest climber:
1. George Russell (11th -> 8th), +3
2. Fernando Alonso (9th -> 7th), +2
3. Lots of guys with one place up

Biggest drop:
1. Lance Stroll (8th -> 13th), -5 (almost entirely caused by Hungaroring)
2. Sergio Perez (5th -> 9th), -4
3. Charles Leclerc (4th -> 3rd), -1

Compared to 2020, these drivers have improved the most:
1. Max Verstappen (8.962, an improvement of +1.356)
2. Lando Norris (8.655, an improvement of +1.330)
3. Antonio Giovinazzi (5.938, an improvement of +1.138)
4. Charles Leclerc (7.571, an improvement of +1.031)
5. Sebastian Vettel (6.375, an improvement of +0.825)

And compared to 2020, the drivers with the worst deterioration:
1. Kimi Räikkönen (5.906, a decrease of -1.002)
2. Lance Stroll (6.281, a decrease of -0.830)
3. Daniel Ricciardo (6.452, a decrease of -0.806)
4. Valtteri Bottas (5.375, a decrease of -0.800)
5. Sergio Perez (7.172, a decrease of -0.578)

Of course, our worst driver by far is Nikita Mazepin with an average score of 3.414. I rate him higher than anyone, with a 4.333, but that still means he is my candidate for worst driver so far.

It's hard to compare our differences in ratings, since Matt has rated twice and is polluting our standings. Matt, unless you catch up I'll have to remove you ;D

The biggest team mate gaps are:
1. Uralkali Haas F1 Team (+3.296 in favour of Mick Schumacher)
2. Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team (+2.536 in favour of Lewis Hamilton)
3. McLaren F1 Team (+1.915 in favour of Lando Norris)
4. Williams Racing (+1.698 in favour of George Russell)
5. Red Bull Racing Honda (+1.371 in favour of Max Verstappen)

In comparison, the tightest team mate battle sees Kimi Räikkönen beat Antionio Giovinazzi with just +0.211 at Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen.

The link is at the top for even more stats and scores.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

Cheers for the update and summation.  That gap between Hamilton and Bottas is quite something!

"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I won't be rating Belgium, but if you want to rate based on quali (and Russell is a given 10, then), go ahead!

Penfold

Tempted to score Spa just so I can write "drove a flawless race" for every driver... but think I'll skip it.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Quote from: Penfold on September 01, 2021, 05:23:07 AM
Tempted to score Spa just so I can write "drove a flawless race" for every driver... but think I'll skip it.
Except for Perez...

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I'll get the Dutch GP in quickly, with fewer and/or shorter comments, and then move to Italy in the afternoon or evening:

Lewis Hamilton - 8/10 | Nothing to do about the Red Bull's pace
Valtteri Bottas - 7/10 |

Red Bull Racing Honda:
Sergio Pérez - 8/10 | The only one to overtake more than once, I think, but he enjoyed a superior car to all the drivers he passed
Max Verstappen - 9/10 | Supermax. What pressure, but he coped with it

McLaren F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - 5/10 |
Lando Norris - 6/10 |

Sebastian Vettel - 6/10 |
Lance Stroll - 6/10 |

Alpine F1 Team:
Fernando Alonso - 8/10 |
Esteban Ocon - 6/10 |

Charles Leclerc - 8/10 |
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 7/10 |

Pierre Gasly - 8/10 |
Yuki Tsunoda - X/10 |

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen:
Robert Kubica - 7/10 | With little to no practice, getting remotely competitive in quali was impressive. Race pace was fair
Antonio Giovinazzi - 6/10 | Can't catch a break eh

Uralkali Haas F1 Team:
Nikita Mazepin - X/10 | Don't remember him
Mick Schumacher - 4/10 | Probably had a reason to be so far behind eh?

Williams Racing:
Nicholas Latifi - 6/10 |
George Russell - 6/10 |

Chrill

Italia! Let's goooo

Lewis Hamilton - 7/10 | Made up for his horrid Sprint start by beating Norris off the line, then lost out to Verstappen and dropped back down to 4th. Could have given Verstappen room in the incident, but was never required nor expected to do so. Lacked pace to beat Ricciardo.
Valtteri Bottas - 10/10 | Yes, circumstances brought him up to 10th. 19th to 3rd is always very impressive, and at one point perhaps even a race win was on the table

Red Bull Racing Honda:
Sergio Pérez - 5/10 | Let's be honest, this was yet another poor weekend. Way too slow in quali, and absolutely unable to overtake in the race. Inherited a podium when others crashed, but also didn't overtake fairly and correctly got a 5s penalty
Max Verstappen - 7/10 | Hard to rate, so I'll put him equal to Hamilton. Drove the better race, but I agree with the stewards that he was predominantly to blame for the crash so deducting one point

McLaren F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - 10/10 | Oh hello there. I know you. It's the old Ricciardo. The fast one. The one who beat Vettel at the team where Vettel won 4 world championships. Brilliant start, never looked back, likely to have won even if Verstappen and Hamilton never crashed
Lando Norris - 9/10 | Very tempted to drop another 10 here, but fact is he lost a position at the start and then failed to pass his team mate. So that's a 9.49, and it rounds down to 9.

Sebastian Vettel - 6/10 | Did he encounter trouble? Oh yeah, he did. Stroll was the trouble.
Lance Stroll - 7/10 | Deducting one for hitting his team mate, but that was pretty solid nonetheless.

Alpine F1 Team:
Fernando Alonso - 7/10 | The Alpine wasn't fast enough at Monza, but like usual Alonso grabs the opportunity when presented
Esteban Ocon - 6/10 | Like Alonso but lower start and finish

Charles Leclerc - 8/10 | Had nothing to do with the podium battle, but at least gave it a good try. P4 was realistically far better than Ferrari could have hoped for
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 7/10 | Dropped away from Leclerc just a little bit near the end, which was enough to not overtake Perez due to the Mexican's 5s penalty. Still a very solid race

Pierre Gasly - X/10 | Well, this was...
Yuki Tsunoda - X/10 | ...highly unfortunate

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen:
Robert Kubica - 7/10 | At least got 2 hours of practice instead of 1 this weekend, and was ahead of both Haases.
Antonio Giovinazzi - 5/10 | Is this the new Mr Saturday? Impressive qualifying, and indeed impressive Sprint, but then "nope goes the Italian" and that was that.

Uralkali Haas F1 Team:
Nikita Mazepin - 3/10 | Literally spun his team mate out, got penalised for it, but dropped behind his team mate even before the penalty because he was just that slow.
Mick Schumacher - 5/10 | Impressive to recover so fast after being tapped by Mazepin, but was never in a position to trouble even the one-armed bandit.

Williams Racing:
Nicholas Latifi - 7/10 | Did the Williams car get good, or did Latifi take a step? Sure he grabbed some spots from Gasly, Hamilton, and Verstappen. Still, almost another points scoring finish
George Russell - 8/10 | Did the Williams car get good, or did Mr Saturday lose his calendar? Started BEHIND Latifi, but definitely finished ahead. 2 points, his 3rd points finish in 4 races (assuming Spa was a race...)

Driver of the day? Ricciardo
Driver of the weekend? Bottas

Chrill

Starting to feel lonely here, but let's do Russia.

Lewis Hamilton - 8/10 | Struggled to match the front runners, and stayed stuck behind orange cars again. Made the right call near the end, and emerged almost a full minute ahead of eventual P2 man Verstappen
Valtteri Bottas - 3/10 | Absolutely unacceptable pace, stuck in something like 14th before the rain changed everything. Bottas gambled for inters early, and moved up to 5th

Red Bull Racing Honda:
Sergio Pérez - 5/10 | On course for a podium, but should have qualified and raced much higher up all race. Made the wrong call in the rain, and dropped to 9th
Max Verstappen - 9/10 | Lucky? Sure. But drivers like Hamilton, Verstappen, they make their own luck. P2 was stronger than expected, but he made it happen

McLaren F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - 8/10 | Kept Hamilton behind which gave Norris the gap needed. Then moved to inters at the right time, and finished veeery close to a podium
Lando Norris - 9/10 | It was an absolute 10/10 race, but the wrong call dropped him way down. That last slicks lap took him 3 minutes, and he finished a full 90 seconds behind Hamilton in the end.

Sebastian Vettel - 6/10 | Ran a fairly quiet race, but got punted by his team mate again
Lance Stroll - 3/10 | "Do you need to come in for inters?" "NO!" *crashes*

Alpine F1 Team:
Fernando Alonso - 8/10 | So close to a podium for a while, but pitted too late. Still finished ahead of supposed race winner Norris. Cunning T2 on lap 1
Esteban Ocon - 5/10 | Incredibly anonymous race, are you sure he was in?

Charles Leclerc - 7/10 | Started well, but sort of faded and then got caught out in the rain
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 9/10 | I guess he inherited a podium, but he did so by making the right call in those difficult conditions

Pierre Gasly - 6/10 | I don't really know where he was in this race
Yuki Tsunoda - 4/10 | Yeah, this is becoming a theme. Where was he? I only saw Norris v Hamilton

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen:
Kimi Räikkönen - 8/10 | Return to form indeed! Sure, he benefitted from the raininess, but he was already around the points before that wet stuff came down
Antonio Giovinazzi - 4/10 | Typical Giovinazzi race. Just much slower than his team mate

Uralkali Haas F1 Team:
Nikita Mazepin - 2/10 | A lap down. Was he that slow, or did he just make the wrong call? Also warned black/white flag for unsportsmanlike conduct, so that's nice
Mick Schumacher - 5/10 | Can't say I remember him, and he retired earlyish so was never running in those final frantic laps

Williams Racing:
Nicholas Latifi - 5/10 | Spun in the rain and retired, I think, but was off Russell's pace even before that
George Russell - 8/10 | We're getting used to seeing him score points now. Mr Sunday, he is.

Driver of the race? Norris, up until those last few laps. Verstappen, but not up until those last few laps. Yeah, I think I'll pin that title on Norris.

Penfold

Damn, sorry Chrill, been really distracted lately... beginning of next week I'll get scores up for the last couple of races
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Russia:

Merc:
Hammy - 8
Val - 2 - Said recently that Alfa's performances this year didn't concern him, but perhaps his performances should concern them...

Red Bull:
Surger - 6
Max - 9

McLaren:
Ricky Hairdo - 9
Chuck Norris - 9

A team called Aston Martin:
My Fault Again - 6
Speedy Stroller - 3 - hahaha

Alpine:
Alonso - 9 - Bonus point for Turn 2 sneakiness... the sly old dog!
OffOn - 4 - Such a good job of keeping his head down one could be forgiven for missing him

Ferrari:
'It is I' - 7
Rally Guy's Son - 8

Boris Johnson (aka Alpha Tory):
Greasy Peril - 5 - Ran near the back
Tsunoda - 4 - Ran even nearer the back

Alfauber:
Kimi - 7
Adam Ant - 3 - Behind even Tsunoda until the rain fell

Haas:
Massivespin - 2 - Awesome
Mickey Boy - 4