News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

F1 Street Circuit Forum Game

Started by Penfold, March 04, 2017, 02:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Yep, 60 miles it is - Silverstone contract extended to 2024.  Link to story posted on the 'Formula 1 Circuits' thread.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Horner has an opinion, the race needs to pass Buckingham Palace.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/london-gp-buckingham-palace-horner/4492303/

Great, I guess I have work to do this afternoon then.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Chrill

And so I have.

This will pass the following places:

• Buckingham Palace
  • Westminster Cathedral
  • Westminster Abbey
  • Big Ben
  • Waterloo
  • Trafalgar Square

Before parading down The Mall back to Buckingham Palace. I guess the Mall and those galleries beside it would be a decent place for the pit complex?

It's 6.3km, or 3.9 miles. As compared to Baku (6.0km/3.73miles) and Spa (7km/4.35miles). This means it would become the second longest circuit on the calendar.

Among other things, it would run through this portal:

And obviously here, which is interesting:
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

Admiralty Arch is a bit on the narrow side, but utilise all three passages and plonk a chicane somewhere before it to slow the drivers to a reasonable pace.  Should be fine....

These are definitely the parts of London that should be used in a GP, with some proper landmarks taken in over the 4 miles.  Nice work.  Another idea for the pits would be to try and use Horse Guards Parade (it's the large sand-coloured rectangle immediately to the East of St. James's Park); perhaps cut South before Admiralty Arch, run them down Whitehall for a bit, dive West on one of those side roads to get onto Horse Guards, then head North past the pits and to The Mall.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

The Arch would be lovely as a "utilise all three passages and plonk a chicane somewhere before it to slow the drivers to a reasonable pace", which is what I did using Trafalgar Square. The cameras won't mind slowing the cars down in that area, you know.

I felt like I had to cross the Thames, but it led me to an area where we simply had to do straights. Fast track, that.

Chrill

I made Singapore. I wanted to make the circuit faster but still keep the "unique" experience of racing in Singapore. Circuit is 4.07 km (compared to 5.06 km today) and with clearly higher speeds. More opportunities to overtake, plus a long run past the seafront.