News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

2019 Season - Rate the Drivers

Started by Chrill, March 17, 2019, 01:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

Yes! You've missed this, haven't you? Please all feel free to rate the drivers, and I'll go create a new lovely spreadsheet like the one from last year.

EDIT: Here's the spreadsheet. If your name isn't there, just post here with your ratings anyway. I'll add it to the list!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Rxe6H3eT-KVxM4PhgIm6tqr3KmT7clMTWRI7jdBsec/edit?usp=sharing

Please guys, join us for this!

Template? Template!

Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport:
Lewis Hamilton - /10
Valtteri Bottas - /10

Scuderia Ferrari:
Sebastian Vettel - /10
Charles Leclerc - /10

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing:
Alexander Albon - /10
Max Verstappen - /10

Renault F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - /10
Nico Hülkenberg - /10

Rich Energy Haas F1 Team:
Romain Grosjean - /10
Kevin Magnussen - /10

McLaren F1 Team:
Lando Norris - /10
Carlos Sainz Jr. - /10

SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team:
Sergio Perez - /10
Lance Stroll - /10

Alfa Romeo Racing:
Kimi Räikkönen - /10
Antonio Giovinazzi - /10

Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda:
Pierre Gasly - /10
Daniil Kvyat - /10

ROKiT Williams Racing:
George Russell - /10
Robert Kubica - /10
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Chrill

Lewis Hamilton - 5/10 (Lost at the start, and then drove a very uninspired race only just keeping Verstappen at bay)
Valtteri Bottas - 10/10 (He called it his best race of his career and I'm inclined to agree. 26 points, not a bad haul for a weekend. Obviously the first time leading the championship for Bottas)

Scuderia Ferrari:
Sebastian Vettel - 5/10 (Faded after his first stop and deserved no more than P5)
Charles Leclerc - 7/10 (Solid start to his Ferrari career, ending up clearly faster than Vettel but unable to attack him for position)

Pierre Gasly - 4/10 (Started way back through no fault of his own, but whilst others could overtake here, he just could not. Poor. Very poor, even. Stuck behind Kvyat despite having much softer and much fresher tyres. Not acceptable. Did he forget he was driving for Red Bull and simply settled? One wonders.)
Max Verstappen - 9/10 (Honda returns to the podium, and it is all becase of Maximus Verstappi. Strong race, beautiful overtake on Vettel)

Renault F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - X/10 (Drove his car into a ditch, suffered rather severe damage, ended up retiring. Sad)
Nico Hülkenberg - 8/10 (Not a bad effort, P7. Kept Räikkönen behind him all race but never could challenge Magnussen)

Romain Grosjean - 6/10 (A Haas retiring after a failed pit stop? In Australia? That sounds familiar. Hounded Magnussen before retiring)
Kevin Magnussen - 8/10 (Best of the rest, and only 30 seconds behind Leclerc too. Also, the only "midfield" driver to remain on the racing lap)

McLaren F1 Team:
Lando Norris - 7/10 (Like Gasly, he struggled to overtake whilst others did it more easily. Still, a decent debut for sure and promises more to come. An extra point for an incredibly strong qualifying, P8)
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 5/10 (Was he in the race? Really? I remember his engine going smokey smokey but that's about it. Invisible)

Sergio Perez - 6/10 (Faded after a poorly executed strategy and got stuck behind Lando "How do I overtake?" Norris. Once Norris found his way past Giovinazzi, Perez did too and also passed Albon for good measure. By then, it was too late)
Lance Stroll - 8/10 (Huh. I was ready to write him off after a poor qualifying in Saturday. He redeemed himself nicely to take two points thanks in large to Norris hanging around behind Giovinazzi half the race. Strategy played to his advantage, but he was wise enough to use it)

Alfa Romeo Racing:
Kimi Räikkönen - 7/10 (Followed Hülkenberg all race, and ended up scoring some decent points. Aided by a slow team mate holding up most of the grid)
Antonio Giovinazzi - 3/10 (This was a proper rookie debut. My favorite moment? Oh, when Magnussen pretended to have a look down the inside causing Giovinazzi to literally drive off the circuit in panic. Proper rookie mistake, that. He needs to improve fast, this did not impress his friends at Maranello)

Alexander Albon - 7/10 (Acceptable debut for sure, strong qualifying. Also caught behind Norris, and accidentally lost a place to Perez in the Trulli train. Decent)
Daniil Kvyat - 9/10 (The Torpedo is back, angrier than ever, but perhaps also more mature. He wanted that final point, and he made sure he got it)

ROKiT Williams Racing:
George Russell - X/10 (It's unfair to rate Williams because this was essentially a testing session. Ricciardo was a minute behind Russell but managed to catch and overtake him despite driving a broken Renault. Very last)
Robert Kubica - X/10 (Even laster than Russell. I don't know what to rate him, maybe low? How poor is the car, and how poor was he? I cannot tell yet)
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

M4A1Carbine

Mercedes:
Lewis Hamilton - 8/10
Valtteri Bottas - 10/10

Scuderia Ferrari:
Sebastian Vettel - 7/10
Charles Leclerc - 8/10

Red Bull Racing:
Pierre Gasly - 5/10
Max Verstappen - 9/10

Renault F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - N/A
Nico Hülkenberg - 8/10

Haas F1 Team:
Romain Grosjean - N/A
Kevin Magnussen - 10/10

McLaren F1 Team:
Lando Norris - 7/10
Carlos Sainz Jr. - N/A

Racing Point:
Sergio Perez - 6/10
Lance Stroll - 9/10

Alfa Romeo Racing:
Kimi Räikkönen - 8/10
Antonio Giovinazzi - 3/10

Toro Rosso:
Alexander Albon - 6/10
Daniil Kvyat - 8/10

Williams Racing: It is hard to rank Williams since they are so off the pace, but Kubica gets a 9 for returning from his injury and finishing the race.
George Russell - N/A
Robert Kubica - 9/10

Chrill

Happy to see you back at the rating game, you dropped off severely last year  :P

Hamilton 8 though? He finished a full 30 seconds behind his team mate, mind you. It's your call!

Penfold

Now this is going to be tricky for me this year, limited as I am to extended highlights of the races.  Oh well, here goes nothing....

Merc:
Hammy - 6 - Poor start, was pitted early to cover Vettel, then seemed to lose interest as Bottas was out of reach.
Val - 10 - Everything crossed he can take the fight to Lewis throughout 2019.

Ferrari:
Seb - 6 - Seemed to have run out of tyres by the end and was 'lucky' not to be attacked by Leclerc.
'It is I' - 7 - Decent enough start to his Ferrari career.

Red Bull:
Greasy Peril - 4 - I know it's not the easiest track on which to overtake, but come on....
Max - 9 - Well deserved podium.

Renault:
The Pie Man - X - Unlucky to be squeezed by Perez who himself was being squeezed by Hulk.
Hulk - 8 - Fine.

Haas:
Big Jean - 7 - Was with K Mag until he made the crucial error of pitting a Haas in Melbourne.
Son of Magnus - 8 - Not taken out by his own pit crew.  An unexpected result.

McLaren:
Chuck Norris - 7 - Bonus point for Saturday's efforts; too tentative in attacking Giovinazzi on the Sunday. 
Rally Guy's Son - X - Engine (or some part thereof) died after 9 laps.  Not the most auspicious start for the Renaults.

Racing Point:
Perez - 6 - Beaten by Stroll.
The Stroller - 8 - He was, erm, stronger than Perez round here. 

Alfauber:
Kimi - 7 - Okay.
Adam Ant - 3 - The only way is up, as Yazz once sang.

Toro Rosso:
Blur - 6 - Reasonable rookie race result.
The Torpedo - 8 - A promising start to this next stage of his F1 life.

Williams: (Hopefully they can close this gap to the other teams)
Jack - X- I'll go with the 'this car is so bad it's impossible to rate drivers right now' approach.
One-Armed Bandit - X
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Quote from: Chrill on March 18, 2019, 01:36:32 AM
Happy to see you back at the rating game, you dropped off severely last year  :P

Hamilton 8 though? He finished a full 30 seconds behind his team mate, mind you. It's your call!

... and you scored Sainz even though his engine died after 9 laps - that's why you didn't notice him in the race!
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

That early? Hmm, I guess the race was dull at the start because I thought he was in it for at least 50% of the race.

Chrill

Here's our ratings after race 1 then. Assuming Matt nor anyone else joins in:

And here's the spreadsheet once more, for good measure:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Rxe6H3eT-KVxM4PhgIm6tqr3KmT7clMTWRI7jdBsec/edit?usp=sharing

Penfold

Nice.  Is the 'Difference to Leader' column a new feature, or is my memory of last year's table just that bad?
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Your memory is that bad. This one is identical, except I've added some features that will make replacement drivers easier to handle. All the calculations are the same, including the "Difference to leader". That one is very simple, it just compares the drivers rating to whoever is top. In Bottas' case, it simply says "F2-F2" (F2 is the cell. Obviously).

I've also, for good reason, updated the list of races to reflect the 2019 calendar. I felt it was wise to do so. And I've gone for a different font. Other than that, it's all the same. I was happy with the layout in 2018 so no need to change it up much.

EDIT: I had made an oopsie for the "Compiled Ratings" page, but that's fixed now.

Matt

Lewis Hamilton - 6/10 (Yeah, "floor damage." Sure, buddy.)
Valtteri Bottas - 10/10

Scuderia Ferrari:
Sebastian Vettel - 7/10
Charles Leclerc - 7/10

Pierre Gasly - 6/10 (Got unlucky with quals, but didn't impress a ton in the race either.)
Max Verstappen - 9/10

Renault F1 Team:
Daniel Ricciardo - 5/10
Nico Hülkenberg - 7/10

Romain Grosjean - 7/10
Kevin Magnussen - 9/10

McLaren F1 Team:
Lando Norris - 7/10
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 6/10

Sergio Perez - 6/10
Lance Stroll - 7/10

Alfa Romeo Racing:
Kimi Räikkönen - 7/10
Antonio Giovinazzi - 6/10

Alexander Albon - 6/10
Daniil Kvyat - 8/10

ROKiT Williams Racing:
George Russell - 7/10
Robert Kubica - 4/10 (Bad qualifying followed by a bad race, even with the bad car).

A lot of average scores this week, but it's hard to give a stronger rating when we don't have a good picture of the car capabilities.

M4A1Carbine

Quote from: Chrill on March 18, 2019, 01:36:32 AM

Yes. He finished second and secured a 1-2 for Merc. Had the drivers been reversed, I think most people would be comfortable giving Bottas an 8 for finishing second.

I won't be able to do every race this year, but I will try to do more.  ;)

Chrill

Had Bottas qualified P1, lost that in the start and ended up 30 seconds adrift then no, he'd be a 5 or 6 :P

Penfold

I was somewhat tempted to give Lewis a seven, but I couldn't bring myself to award him a whole extra point over Vettel.  Mind you, I only gave Bottas a ten because of his winning margin over Hammy; the Merc clearly had the beating of all other cars in Melbourne so it wasn't exactly remarkable that he won the race.  Like Matt said, this malarkey will be a lot easier after a few races when we've got a handle on the competitiveness of all the cars.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I added Matt's scores, so the Australian GP is now complete in terms of the ratings:

Driver = Driver
Pos. = Position
Prev. = Position after previous race (well, P20 for all yeah?)
+/- = Ratings change from previous race
Act Avg = Our average rating of the driver
Diff. to Leader = How far behind they are to the driver in P1
DRIVER                  POS.    PREV.   +/- ACT AVG DIFF. TO LEADER
Valtteri Bottas 1 20 +19 10.000 0.000
Max Verstappen 2 20 +18 9.000 1.000
Kevin Magnussen 3 20 +17 8.750 1.250
Daniil Kvyat 4 20 +16 8.250 1.750
Lance Stroll 5 20 +15 8.000 2.000
Nico Hülkenberg 6 20 +14 7.750 2.250
Charles Leclerc 7 20 +13 7.250 2.750
Kimi Räikkönen 7 20 +13 7.250 2.750
Lando Norris 9 20 +11 7.000 3.000
George Russell 9 20 +11 7.000 3.000
Romain Grosjean 11 20 +9 6.667 3.333
Robert Kubica 12 20 +8 6.500 3.500
Alexander Albon 13 20 +7 6.250 3.750
Lewis Hamilton 13 20 +7 6.250 3.750
Sebastian Vettel 13 20 +7 6.250 3.750
Sergio Perez 16 20 +4 6.000 4.000
Carlos Sainz Jr. 17 20 +3 5.500 4.500
Daniel Ricciardo 18 20 +2 5.000 5.000
Pierre Gasly 19 20 +1 4.750 5.250
Antonio Giovinazzi 20 20 0 3.750 6.250