News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

Future Sounds of F1

Started by Penfold, March 07, 2017, 03:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

Did you know, then, that Aston Martin already built a smart car?

"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

I remember them doing that.  Believe it was heavily motivated by a desire to reduce average CO2 emissions across the brand.  Something of an understatement to say that it did not sell well....
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Yes. I think these days the car manufacturers sort of group together. So Tesla can "sell" their emission margins to say Volkswagen to cover up the dieselgate, so that together the two brands are under limit.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

Sounds right, carbon trading is quite the business these days.

Some general comments by Honda chap about upgrades to this year's engine: https://www.racefans.net/2021/02/19/honda-reveals-changes-to-power-unit-for-final-season-in-f1/

We can but hope they've narrowed the deficit to the Mercedes units.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Well, Mercedes keep echoing the famous "oops, engine trouble" sounds they make every year. Even if the 2021 engines are troublesome, they could run the 2020 configuration without suffering too much I'd think. ;D

We'll see what Ferrari achieve with their new engine, they need to step it up a lot.

Penfold

That they do. I'm torn between wanting people to challenge Mercedes and my dislike of the Ferrari F1 team....

No doubt Toto will come out with his customary spiel about how tough this year is going to be for Mercedes - wouldn't be the same without it!
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)