The 2021 Season

Started by Penfold, January 31, 2020, 12:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Bottas here also, and as soon as I saw the wet stuff I regretted the choice
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

eurobrun

You guys though that choosing Bottas was bad...
I chose Vettel, so a great pick immediately rendered useless!   ;D

Chrill

Ugh! But you never know, he may yet be reinstated. Also, you do have 3 do-overs and Vettel is likely one of yours seeing how he could definitely bag a P6 on a good day.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Chrill

So how should F1 act when rain prevents a race from taking place altogether?

• Award points based on qualifying by skipping the race altogether
  • Award points after 2 SC laps, as done in Belgium
  • Have a backup slot on Monday
  • Cancel the race, not awarding points
  • Another idea?
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

I'd go with a Monday race, but I think having Zandvoort next weekend made it impossible timewise. In which case, I'll have option no. 4 please... but of course then the fans can claim compensation!
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I hear a few drivers mention an earlier starting time for the race, which would make the slot bigger in terms of finding some green flag racing during the Sunday. If Spa had started 3 hours earlier, maybe during that time we could have found some 20 or so laps of racing before the rain got too heavy.

Penfold

Yes, that would be ideal for Spa... just need to get the TV companies on board. Better wet-weather tyres wouldn't go amiss either...
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Yes, the actual surface wasn't the main issue but visibility was. Solving that would have enabled the race to go ahead, most likely.

Penfold

Wonder what impact the new aero will have on spray, obviously mostly down to the tyres but it might make a difference at the margins.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

In what direction though? Less intrinsic aero parts up above, but a massive vaccum cleaner underneath. Will this help or not in terms of spray?

Obviously the solution is night vision goggles. Should see right through the spray.

eurobrun

So did me forgetting to pick a driver for Spa cost me anything?

Chrill

You got the lowest placed driver not yet picked as a pick, and you got total points for him but not weekly pick points. Ideal track to forget a pick since half points were awarded.

Penfold

So Kimi's out of the race after a positive Covid test; chance for some guy called Robert Kubica to get his big break in F1
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

eurobrun

Damn these Sprint races making qualifying on a Friday, and me missing the deadline again! 

Also, I really think that Bottas' engine penalty applying for the race and not the sprint is a bit dubious.  He can still fight for points (albeit small ones) and can still be used tactically for Mercedes, in what is essentially the 1st 3rd of the race before the red flag is flown.  If he impedes Verstappen in any controversial way, there's gonna be fireworks.

Chrill

Well that was a race. When my 1st driver drops out, at least I can count on my 2nd driver, who is also my 3rd driver, to deliver a podium.