News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

2021 Driver Speculation

Started by Chrill, March 17, 2020, 09:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Well, yes, of course they need to be good enough to beat their teammates, it was more a nod to there being several drivers during the Schumacher & Hamilton eras who could've racked up seven titles at those teams.  I was going to add that but lost the will to type....

Senna only had four years in the top car, but he still put in some spectacular efforts in '92 and '93 - especially in qualifying.  I'm sure he could've made it six titles (adding '94, '96, and '97 with Williams) but instead we got Hill and Villeneuve as champions... oh, and then Schumi would've had one less as well.  Sorry, slipped into some pointless rambling there.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

The Sennas, Schumachers, and Hamiltons drive for the best teams because they're great drivers. That's not why they drive the best cars, that's mostly luck and good timing. Which we've seen with Hamilton himself, who went from dominant championship contender with a great McLaren to inconsistent good driver with a worse McLaren to dominant championship contender with a great Mercedes. Or Alonso, who was dominant in the best cars and not able to pull worse cars to a championship. Or Vettel, who was dominant in the best car, competitive in a close car, and shit in a mediocre car.

Penfold

Exactement, as those people across the Channel might say.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)