News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

NASCAR Sponsorship

Started by Matt, August 06, 2020, 10:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

For the one of you who doesn't already know this (although you might both know this, unless Penfold checks the MF1 forum before his email every day), MF1 is sponsoring a NASCAR car the next two weeks. I've attached a render of the car to this post. Here's the post I made on the MF1 Facebook page:

Quote from: Matt link=https://www.facebook.com/MF1News/posts/3423443611028191
MF1 will be sponsoring Andy Lally and Our Motorsports in this weekend's NASCAR Xfinity race from Road America.

As a site that got its start on the Minardi Formula One team's web forum and, until a month ago, was named MinardiF1's Fantasy F1, this seemed like a perfect opportunity to pursue our first sponsorship. Andy is an established sports car driver and the 2011 NASCAR Cup Series rookie of the year, beating such NASCAR legends as ____________ and ____________ in the process. Since then, he has had several strong drives in Xfinity road course races with underfunded teams—the type of teams a site formed around Minardi can appreciate. Our Motorsports is in the middle of their first season in the Xfinity series and have, to this point, competed with their primary driver Brett Moffitt. Despite being in their first season, they are strongly midpack in the owner's points at 16th.

The race is on NBCSN at noon Eastern on Saturday. MF1 will also be sponsoring the team next week for the Xfinity race at the Daytona road course, although it may not be in the same spot on the car. Given Andy's four class wins in the Rolex 24 at Daytona and his upcoming win(?) at Road America, I would bet on them selling some more sponsorship before then...

Penfold

Of course I check MF1 before my e-mails.  Got to get your priorities straight.

Also... wow!  The MF1 logo on an actual racing car, that is quite a sight to behold even as just a render.  Come on Lally, don't let us down!

Goes and checks e-mail... Super Formula game sounds interesting; not sure I'd be watching any races live because of the time difference, but it's not exactly going to be difficult to avoid the results for a day or two.
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

After starting 23rd based on a random draw, he drove up to finish 5th at the end of the race. A great run and his second career top five in NASCAR. There are some low-quality pictures of it available on the MF1 Twitter (they're just pictures of the TV). Hopefully we'll have some actual pictures eventually.

Matt

Attached the best (only) picture I've seen of both the decklid and rear bumper. The bumper was on TV for probably about 10 seconds on Saturday, but the decklid was never visible. There's just no camera angles at Road America that show it.

Chrill

It's still exciting for us to see!
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

Damn, that really does look fantastic.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

Nothing says exciting like the 14 hits MF1 got last Saturday. It normally gets 0, so the increase is so large it can't be measured!

Penfold

;D

Oh yeah, obviously you can count me in for the Super Formula game.  Thought I'd mention it here & save myself the onerous task of sending an e-mail....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I don't think it's for me, I don't know nearly enough about the series and I can't get it on TV in Sweden.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Matt

Well it will just be the two of us... proving the value of racing sponsorships! If you still want to do it, I'm good with doing it to test out the point and picks system I developed.

And they're all free on YouTube, I don't think it's actually broadcast anywhere other than Japan and maybe some other Asian countries.

Andy finished 5th again at Daytona. A top five in NASCAR is almost equivalent to a podium in F1, if you compare the amount of cars that start each race and how difficult it is to finish top five. I have a few more pictures that I'll probably send out in an e-mail.

Penfold

Yeah, I'm happy to do it this year as a sort of shakedown.  Let me know when you've decided which drivers are in each tier.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)