Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

2022 Season - Rate the Drivers

Started by Chrill, March 21, 2022, 04:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

New season, new ratings!

This season's document:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j_wwJuILmFDoJytZKDPeg_wOTZd44Ej8EQzBX1amCB8/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a template, including Vettel despite his nonshow!

---

Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team:
44. Lewis Hamilton - /10 |
63. George Russell - /10 |

Oracle Red Bull Racing:
1. Max Verstappen - /10 |
11. Sergio Perez - /10 |

Scuderia Ferrari:
16. Charles Leclerc - /10 |
55. Carlos Sainz - /10 |

McLaren F1 Team:
3. Daniel Ricciardo - /10 |
4. Lando Norris - /10 |

BWT Alpine F1 Team:
14. Fernando Alonso - /10 |
31. Esteban Ocon - /10 |

Scuderia AlphaTauri:
10. Pierre Gasly - /10 |
22. Yuki Tsunoda - /10 |

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant F1 Team:
5. Sebastian Vettel - /10 |
18. Lance Stroll - /10 |

Williams Racing:
6. Nicolas Latifi - /10 |
23. Alexander Albon - /10 |

Alfa Romeo F1 Team Orlen:
24. Guanyu Zhou - /10 |
77. Valtteri Bottas - /10 |

Haas F1 Team:
20. Kevin Magnussen - /10 |
47. Mick Schumacher - /10 |
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Chrill

2022 Bahrain GP

44. Lewis Hamilton - 8/10 | Went as fast as he could, including killing his hard tyres in that middle stint. Lucked into a podium, but drove well to find 5th before that.
63. George Russell - 7/10 | Joined Hamilton and finished behind him, despite a poor qualifying. Definitely decent

Oracle Red Bull Racing:
1. Max Verstappen - 8/10 | Impossible to tell whether he had the faster or slower car, but some incredible racing saw him stay second until the car faltered
11. Sergio Perez - 7/10 | Didn't quite have the pace to match the top 3, going so far as struggling to keep a Mercedes behind

Scuderia Ferrari:
16. Charles Leclerc - 10/10 | Brilliant pole lap, brilliant race. Actively let Verstappen pass into Turn 1 so that he could get back with DRS, and executed this to perfection THRICE. The tennest of tens.
55. Carlos Sainz - 8/10 | Couldn't quite keep up with the top duo, but kept Perez behind just fine.

McLaren F1 Team:
3. Daniel Ricciardo - 6/10 | Very hard to rate these two...
4. Lando Norris - 6/10 | ...since the car just didn't seem to work

BWT Alpine F1 Team:
14. Fernando Alonso - 6/10 | Could not keep up with Ocon, despite Ocon getting a penalty
31. Esteban Ocon - 8/10 | Highest finisher from outside the top 10 on the grid, so that was nice I guess

Scuderia AlphaTauri:
10. Pierre Gasly - 7/10 | Ran pretty well until he ended up not running anymore. Different issue to the Red Bulls though, it seems
22. Yuki Tsunoda - 8/10 | Kept Bottas behind nicely, went from Q1 to a good points haul. Best Honda car, I suppose!

27. Nico Hülkenberg - 7/10 | Great qualifying, but the race was not as good and he ended up last.
18. Lance Stroll - 8/10 | Should not have been outqualified by Hulkenberg, but made up for it with a clean race. He was invisible, and then challenged for points near the end.

Williams Racing:
6. Nicolas Latifi - 6/10 | Anonymous qualifying, anonymous race, only kept ahead of the Hulk
23. Alexander Albon - 8/10 | Beat the McLarens, and qualified pretty nicely too. Promising start!

24. Guanyu Zhou - 7/10 | Scored a point but only thanks to 3 late DNFs ahead of him. Made some nice moves, most importantly kept it clean throughout. He's approaching F1 very maturely, so far
77. Valtteri Bottas - 7/10 | Struggled, as expected, to overtake people. Poor start dropped him back, which deducts points. Essentially found his way back to where he started, but only thanks to Red Bull dropping out.

Haas F1 Team:
20. Kevin Magnussen - 9/10 | Hello there, Danes. Almost challenged Russell. If we assume Mercedes is in a sort of no mans land between the front runners and the midfield, I guess Magnussen was best of the rest. Such an impressive comeback
47. Mick Schumacher - 6/10 | Punted around at the start by Ocon, and suffered with handling after that. Hard to rate, but I'll drop him a 6 for now. I hope he can match Magnussen soon.

Driver of the race? Leclerc obviously. No debate.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

eurobrun

Welcome to another year of EuroBrun's best intentions, but ultimately forgetting to post in time.  Made the draft, but missed the 1st qualifying!

44. Lewis Hamilton - 8/10
63. George Russell - 7/10

Oracle Red Bull Racing:
1. Max Verstappen - 9/10
11. Sergio Perez - 7/10

Scuderia Ferrari:
16. Charles Leclerc - 10/10
55. Carlos Sainz - 8/10

McLaren F1 Team:
3. Daniel Ricciardo - 4/10
4. Lando Norris - 5/10

BWT Alpine F1 Team:
14. Fernando Alonso - 6/10
31. Esteban Ocon - 6/10

Scuderia AlphaTauri:
10. Pierre Gasly - 7/10
22. Yuki Tsunoda - 7/10

5. Nico Hulkenberg - 6/10
18. Lance Stroll - 4/10

Williams Racing:
6. Nicolas Latifi - 4/10
23. Alexander Albon - 5/10

24. Guanyu Zhou - 8/10
77. Valtteri Bottas - 8/10

Haas F1 Team:
20. Kevin Magnussen - 9/10
47. Mick Schumacher - 7/10

Chrill

And I just painstakingly had you removed from the document. ;D I'll happily add you back in, but in return you must try posting ratings more frequently!

Penfold

Bahrain

Merc:
Hammy - 8
Jack Russell - 6

Red Bull:
Surger - 7
Max - 9

Ferrari:
'It is I' - 10
Rally Guy's Son - 8

McLaren:
Ricky Hairdo - 5
Chuck Norris - 6

Alpine:
Alonso - 6
OffOn - 7

Boris Johnson (aka Alpha Tory):
Greasy Peril - 8
Tsunoda - 7

A team called Aston Martin:
Hulk - 6
Speedy Stroller - 7

Williams:
Latifi - 5
Blur - 7

Alfauber:
Zhou - 7
Val - 6

Haas:
Magnum - 10
Not Massivespin - 6

"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Quote from: Penfold on March 24, 2022, 03:01:57 AM
Bahrain

Merc:
Hammy - 8
Jack Russell - 6

Red Bull:
Surger - 7
Max - 9

Ferrari:
'It is I' - 10
Rally Guy's Son - 8

McLaren:
Ricky Hairdo - 5
Chuck Norris - 5

Alpine:
Alonso - 6
OffOn - 7

Greasy Peril - 8
Tsunoda - 7

Hulk - 6
Speedy Stroller - 7

Williams:
Latifi - 5
Blur - 7

Alfauber:
Zhou - 7
Val - 6

Haas:
Massivespin - 6
Mag - 10

So Schumacher is "Massivespin" I take it? That won't be confusing.

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Yes. Saudi Arabian GP, what an explosive weekend huh?

44. Lewis Hamilton - 5/10 | Qualified a strong 15th and made it into the points. Is what I would have said if Schumacher did this last year. Truth is Hamilton only found his way past Zhou, compared to where he started. The rest of his move up was thanks to retirements.
63. George Russell - 8/10 | Well clear of the Alpines, and easily faster than Lewis Hamilton. Proved that Mercedes is, or at least can be, ahead of the midfield even if not at the speed of the top two yet.

Oracle Red Bull Racing:
1. Max Verstappen - 9/10 | Great start to make up one position, earned another behind VSC/SC, and finally found the top spot thanks to some brilliant racing. The only reason he's not getting a 10 is because Leclerc clearly won the battle of the minds.
11. Sergio Perez - 6/10 | Decent first stint, but after losing out with the VSC/SC he had no pace to rejoin the podium.

Scuderia Ferrari:
16. Charles Leclerc - 9/10 | Looked unable to challenge Perez before inheriting first. Should have been passed by Verstappen sooner but managed to keep him behind for a really long time despite a speed deficiency. That Ferrari is good, that Leclerc is good too, but Verstappen was gooder.
55. Carlos Sainz - 7/10 | Wasn't able to match Verclerc or Lestappen here, but had the upper hand on Perez.

McLaren F1 Team:
3. Daniel Ricciardo - 7/10 | The McLaren was better than Bahrain, that's for sure. Bizarre triple retirements with Alonso and Bottas almost simultaneously. All three with different engines too.
4. Lando Norris - 8/10 | Great race! Some decent battles, only just lost out to Ocon who started way ahead of him. Nice. Maybe McLaren can challenge when the circuit is less dependent on brakes.

BWT Alpine F1 Team:
14. Fernando Alonso - 6/10 | Struggled immensely to pass Ocon, and couldn't escape him even after passing. Ended up retiring because he wanted to be with Ricciardo, I guess
31. Esteban Ocon - 7/10 | Starting 5th, you should finish higher than 6th. Right? Lost Russell, but found his way back past Norris at the very end so that's cool I guess

Scuderia AlphaTauri:
10. Pierre Gasly - 7/10 | Battled with Magnussen and the McLarens pretty much all race. Beat the Haas, lost to the McLaren. Solid but not spectacular.
22. Yuki Tsunoda - X/10 |

27. Nico Hülkenberg - 5/10 | I guess his lack of practice with these cars, and I suppose lack of fitness for driving F1, showed here too. Finished last of all except Stroll, but Stroll was clearly faster until he crashed into Albon.
18. Lance Stroll - 5/10 | I know Albon got the penalty, but I don't know how. Albon's overtake was clean, no divebombing, he would have made the corner easy, but Stroll just did not see him. Deducting one point for Stroll, who otherwise looked on course for a 6/10.

Williams Racing:
6. Nicolas Latifi - 5/10 | Dropped the car all on his own. Triggered a safety car. Which had an effect on the front runners. The race ended up being won by Verstappen. We've had this before.
23. Alexander Albon - 6/10 | Definitely the faster Williams this weekend, but unfairly penalized for the crash with Stroll.

24. Guanyu Zhou - 6/10 | A really bad start costs him one point, but he did fight back almost all the way into the points. So far, with only 2 races under his belt, I think Zhou is driving maturely if a little slowly. Will likely struggle all season to match Bottas on Saturdays, which will always make his race days more difficult.
77. Valtteri Bottas - 8/10 | Really strong drive, could potentially have hounded Russell for best of the rest if not for a RIC-ALO moment.

Haas F1 Team:
20. Kevin Magnussen - 8/10 | I was not expecting his neck to withstand this race, since he lost it in quali already. Impressive to keep it so clean on this challenging circuit, and another two points also!
47. Mick Schumacher - X/10 |

Driver of the weekend? Easily Leclerc. P1 in all practice sessions, 2nd on the grid, great drive.
Driver of the day? Not as easy, but still Leclerc.

Penfold

Desert Race no. 2

Merc:
Hammy - 5
Jack Russell - 7

Red Bull:
Surger - 7
Max - 9

Ferrari:
'It is I' - 9
Rally Guy's Son - 7

McLaren:
Ricky Hairdo - 6
Chuck Norris - 7

Alpine:
Alonso - 7
OffOn - 7

Greasy Peril - 7
Tsunoda - X

Hulk - 5
Speedy Stroller - 4

Williams:
Latifi - 3
Blur - 5

Alfauber:
Zhou - 4
Val - 8

Haas:
Magnum - 7
Not Massivespin - 3 - No race of course, so consider this a recognition of the small part he played in that....
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

eurobrun

Saudi

44. Lewis Hamilton - 6/10
63. George Russell - 7/10

Oracle Red Bull Racing:
1. Max Verstappen - 9/10
11. Sergio Perez - 7/10

Scuderia Ferrari:
16. Charles Leclerc - 10/10
55. Carlos Sainz - 7/10

McLaren F1 Team:
3. Daniel Ricciardo - 6/10
4. Lando Norris - 7/10

BWT Alpine F1 Team:
14. Fernando Alonso - 8/10
31. Esteban Ocon - 8/10

Scuderia AlphaTauri:
10. Pierre Gasly - 7/10
22. Yuki Tsunoda - 6/10

5. Nico Hulkenberg - 5/10
18. Lance Stroll - 5/10

Williams Racing:
6. Nicolas Latifi - 4/10
23. Alexander Albon - 5/10

24. Guanyu Zhou - 7/10
77. Valtteri Bottas - 8/10

Haas F1 Team:
20. Kevin Magnussen - 8/10
47. Mick Schumacher - x/10

Chrill

I can't keep rating Leclerc this high. Sooner or later, if he keeps winning in style, we need to accept Sainz sucks and the Ferrari is dominant. Oh well.

Australian GP.

44. Lewis Hamilton - 8/10 | Unlucky with SC, arguably faster than Russell
63. George Russell - 8/10 | Lucky with SC, arguably slower than Hamilton, but points count and Russell took to the podium

Oracle Red Bull Racing:
1. Max Verstappen - 8/10 | Couldn't challenge Leclerc even when the Ferrari practically parked on the start finish straight at one of the restarts. Then boom dead car again
11. Sergio Perez - 7/10 | As usual slower than Verstappen, but not quite as badly as in some other races

Scuderia Ferrari:
16. Charles Leclerc - 10/10 | A grand chelem will always be a 10/10 performance. Sorry, can't argue about it one bit.
55. Carlos Sainz - 2/10 | Messed up his qualifying, messed up his start, messed up his overtake, messed up recovering to track. Messed up, plain and simple. Low point of Ferrari career right here. A least the only way is up

McLaren F1 Team:
3. Daniel Ricciardo - 8/10 | Probably faster than Norris, but not allowed to attack at the end when Norris slowed considerably.
4. Lando Norris - 7/10 | Solid points for McLaren with 5th and 6th, but realistically the cars should have been inverted by the finish line.

BWT Alpine F1 Team:
14. Fernando Alonso - 4/10 | I don't know what happened on his 2nd stint, he literally murdered his tyres and had to pit again and finished dead last.
31. Esteban Ocon - 6/10 | Despite the safety cars, he was a full minute behind Leclerc in the end and down in 7th. Solid, not great.

Scuderia AlphaTauri:
10. Pierre Gasly - 7/10 | Like Ocon. Solid, not great. At least Gasly made up some spots in the start and then kept them.
22. Yuki Tsunoda - 4/10 | Nowhere near Gasly's pace really, never likely to challenge for any sort of points

5. Sebastian Vettel - 3/10 | A lot of low scores for this race. Vettel had a messy weekend, and the race ended in the wall too. Expensive stuff.
18. Lance Stroll - 6/10 | Some aggressive defending, but it almost paid off before penalizing him with 5 seconds.

Williams Racing:
6. Nicolas Latifi - 4/10 | Starting to look like the pre-2021 Latifi again.
23. Alexander Albon - 10/10 | Well now. 57 laps on hards, and he just kept getting faster. I have no idea how he found the gap to pit so late, but I suppose Stroll's lack of pace but aggressive defending gave Albon the gap he needed. The Williams car did not belong in the points, but Albon brought it there anyway.

24. Guanyu Zhou - 6/10 | Still solid, albeit not very spectacular. Just the right approach to your F1 debut. He needs to improve qualifying, but in actual racecraft he is starting to look like he could match Bottas
77. Valtteri Bottas - 7/10 | The Bottas of Mercedes, who qualifies well and races less so, is still here. Needs to make those crucial moves if he is to help elevate this team.

Haas F1 Team:
20. Kevin Magnussen - 5/10 | Outqualified by Schumacher, and ran behind him most of the race too.
47. Mick Schumacher - 6/10 | Beat Magnussen, but was lapped. Can never be more than 6/10 for that.

Driver of the day? Leclerc and Albon
Driver of the weekend? Leclerc and nobody else

Penfold

Australia:

Merc:
Hammy - 7
Jack Russell - 7

Red Bull:
Surger - 7
Max - 8

Ferrari:
'It is I' - 9
Rally Guy's Son - 3 - Made a mess of it, but qualifying at least was partly team's fault as they couldn't get car started in time for Sainz to get in a second lap

McLaren:
Ricky Hairdo - 8
Chuck Norris - 7

Alpine:
Alonso - 4
OffOn - 6

Greasy Peril - 6
Soda - 4

My Fault Again - 3
Speedy Stroller - 5

Williams:
Latifi - 4
Blur - 9

Alfauber:
Zhou - 5
Val - 7

Haas:
Magnum - 4
Not Massivespin - 5
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Imola:

Hammy - 6
Jack Russell - 8

Red Bull:
Surger - 8 - off the pace of teamie but a strong second
Max - 9 - perfect weekend in the flying Red Bull

Ferrari:
'It is I' - 6 - Couldn't match Red Bull pace, then greedy on kerbs and threw away points
Rally Guy's Son - X

McLaren:
Ricky Hairdo - 5
Chuck Norris - 9

Alpine:
Alonso - X
OffOn - 4

Greasy Peril - 5
Soda - 8

My Fault Again - 7
Speedy Stroller - 5

Williams:
Latifi - 4
Blur - 6

Alfauber:
Zhou - 4
Val - 7

Haas:
Magnum - 6
Not Massivespin - 4
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I'm likely to deviate from your points very little, Penson Button.

Chrill

Let's get Imola done before Miami.

44. Lewis Hamilton - 5/10 |
63. George Russell - 8/10 |

Oracle Red Bull Racing:
1. Max Verstappen - 10/10 |
11. Sergio Perez - 8/10 |

Scuderia Ferrari:
16. Charles Leclerc - 6/10 |
55. Carlos Sainz - X/10 |

McLaren F1 Team:
3. Daniel Ricciardo - 5/10 |
4. Lando Norris - 9/10 |

BWT Alpine F1 Team:
14. Fernando Alonso - X/10 |
31. Esteban Ocon - 6/10 |

Scuderia AlphaTauri:
10. Pierre Gasly - 6/10 |
22. Yuki Tsunoda - 8/10 |

5. Sebastian Vettel - 8/10 |
18. Lance Stroll - 7/10 |

Williams Racing:
6. Nicolas Latifi - 4/10 |
23. Alexander Albon - 7/10 |

24. Guanyu Zhou - 5/10 |
77. Valtteri Bottas - 8/10 |

Haas F1 Team:
20. Kevin Magnussen - 6/10 |
47. Mick Schumacher - 3/10 |

Driver of the day? Verstappen.
Week? Verstappen.