News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

2022 Season - Rate the Drivers

Started by Chrill, March 21, 2022, 04:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

Welcome to Miami. Keep my wife's name out of your f***ing mouth.

Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team:
44. Lewis Hamilton - 7/10 | Lost places at the start but made up for it, despite being caught out slightly by the SC which saw Russell jump ahead.
63. George Russell - 8/10 | Poor start, long run on hards, benefitted from SC to finish in the top 5 again. Maintains that streak of all top-5s since joining Mercedes. Very solid.

Oracle Red Bull Racing:
1. Max Verstappen - 9/10 | Took Sainz at the start, eased past Leclerc with top speed, and was only slightly threatened near the end after a SC. Easy win.
11. Sergio Perez - 6/10 | Dropped back with some issues, but after SC and with fresh tyres he should have challenged Sainz more.

Scuderia Ferrari:
16. Charles Leclerc - 7/10 | Lost out to Max, hurt his tyres too much again, before almost finding his way past at the end after SC. It did get exciting, but in the end he could not do it.
55. Carlos Sainz - 7/10 | Lost out to Max, but stayed fairly close to Leclerc. Fought Perez nicely after the SC and bounced back after some horrid races. A podium is a podium.

McLaren F1 Team:
3. Daniel Ricciardo - 5/10 | Ran mediums way too long, which dropped him way back. Got a penalty at the end too for running wide, so no points.
4. Lando Norris - 6/10 | Kind of hard to rate, I sort of blame him for the Gasly incident. He could have stayed wider indeed.

BWT Alpine F1 Team:
14. Fernando Alonso - 5/10 | Very messy race indeed! I mean, a good start but dropped way back with multiple late penalties.
31. Esteban Ocon - 8/10 | Last to 8th is impressive to me. Kept it clean, benefited from starting on hards. Solid stuff.

Scuderia AlphaTauri:
10. Pierre Gasly - 7/10 | One of his better races, until it wasn't. Car was clearly damaged after the Alonso contact, and then further so after the Norris collision which saw him retire.
22. Yuki Tsunoda - 5/10 | Starting to threaten Gasly more regularly, but not quite there in Miami. Tried to gain places by going for softs at the end but it did not help.

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant F1 Team:
5. Sebastian Vettel - 5/10 | Messy race for him, clashing with Schumacher which looked a bit clumsy from the German (I won't name which one). I'd say ambitious overtake, ambitious defence, maybe a race incident.
18. Lance Stroll - 7/10 | Impressive to find points after starting from the pits, but he too had a messy race. Didn't he touch Magnussen?

Williams Racing:
6. Nicolas Latifi - 6/10 | Hey, he was likely the slowest out there but he kept it clean all weekend when many others dropped out.
23. Alexander Albon - 9/10 | Red haired Albono strikes again. P10 became P9 when Alonso was penalised, but the Williams car does not look like it should be in the points this regularly.

Alfa Romeo F1 Team Orlen:
24. Guanyu Zhou - X/10 | Retired too soon. Buddy needs some luck sometime soon.
77. Valtteri Bottas - 6/10 | This may seem harsh, but he did start 5th and lost two places. Matching Mercedes, more or less anyway, but could not keep them behind this weekend.

Haas F1 Team:
20. Kevin Magnussen - 4/10 | Out in Q1, passed several times by Mick and held him up severely. Lots of incidents, and more. What a messy return to the US.
47. Mick Schumacher - 6/10 | Could have, maybe should have, bagged his first points. Like I said for Vettel, I'll agree with the race incident label. Unfortunate. At least he was, in my eyes, clearly the faster Haas for the first time this year.

Driver of the weekend? Hard to say, maybe Verstappen
Driver of the race? Albon for me, but honorable mentions to Ocon, Russell and Verstappen.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

Miami!

Merc:
Hammy - 6
Jack Russell - 7

Red Bull:
Surger - 7
Max - 8

Ferrari:
'It is I' - 7
Rally Guy's Son - 6

McLaren:
Ricky Hairdo - 5
Chuck Norris - 6

Alpine:
Alonso - 5
OffOn - 7

Boris Johnson (aka Alpha Tory):
Greasy Peril - 6
Soda - 5

A team called Aston Martin:
My Fault Again - 6
Speedy Stroller - 6

Williams:
Latifi - 5
Blur - 8

Alfauber:
Zhou - X
Val - 7

Haas:
Magnum - 3
Not Massivespin - 5
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Spain (I can vaguely remember it!)

Merc:
Hammy - 8
Jack Russell - 8

Red Bull:
Surger - 7
Max - 7

Ferrari:
'It is I' - 8
Rally Guy's Son - 6

McLaren:
Ricky Hairdo - 5
Chuck Norris - 8

Alpine:
Alonso - 7
OffOn - 8

Greasy Peril - 7
Soda - 8

My Fault Again - 7
Speedy Stroller - 6

Williams:
Latifi - 6
Blur - 6

Alfauber:
Zhou - 5
Val - 8

Haas:
Magnum - 3
Not Massivespin - 5
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Missed a few....
France:

Merc:
Hammy - 8 - One tiny error but got everything from car
Jack Russell - 6 - Behind Lewis, and an extra point off for dive-bombing Perez and then whining that he was largely alongside so had right of way in the corner

Red Bull:
Surger - 6 - Kind of slow
Max - 8 - Kind of fast

Ferrari:
'It is I' - 4 - Oops
Rally Guy's Son - 8 - Would've been interesting to see him in the mix on Sunday, but sadly the Ferraris keep blowing up

McLaren:
Ricky Hairdo - 6 - Still lacking that final bit of pace, hopefully will find it down the back of his sofa
Chuck Norris - 8 - Has all of his own pace and possibly a slice of someone else's....

Alpine:
Alonso - 9 - Why not
OffOn - 6 - Walloped Soda

Greasy Peril - 5
Soda - X

My Fault Again - 6
Speedy Stroller - 7

Williams:
Latifi - 5
Blur - 8

Alfauber:
Zhou - 5
Val - 6

Haas:
Magnum - 5
Not Massivespin - 5
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

It was too much work every race. ;D
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)