News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

2022 Dutch Grand Prix

Started by Chrill, August 29, 2022, 09:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

Well, I'm attending it. As is my wife. Hello Louise!

We're starting the journey today, because we're driving from Stockholm to Amsterdam. To make sure it's not too much of a chore, we're stopping a lot. We just arrived in Copenhagen, Denmark, for 2 nights here. On Wednesday we'll stop in Hamburg before arriving in Amsterdam on Thursday.

I've never been to a race, so this is all very exciting for me. I just better make sure to keep my wife away from the looney Verstappen fans, she'll be wearing Mercedes gear... :D

Sorry, I don't know if this warrants a topic but I felt like it so here you are
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

Hope it's a great race for you, should certainly be a lively crowd! Perhaps a Lewis Hamilton hat for you....

Talking of Zandvoort, I see they've glued down some of the gravel to stop it being dragged across the track: https://www.racefans.net/2022/09/02/zandvoorts-fake-gravel-gets-early-thumbs-up-from-drivers/

Seems far too sensible for F1
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Well it was an experience! Dutch fans were truly very friendly, nothing like the Austrian GP whatsoever. From what I've heard, most outsiders (read: Mercedes or Ferrari fans) felt the same too.

I was happily surprised to hear that, second to Verstappen, the most cheered for drivers were Mick Schumacher and Lando Norris. A fair amount of cheers for Alonso too.

After the race, interviewing Russell in a Mercedes and Leclerc in a Ferrari the crowd around me cheered for both. No booing. It was just a welcoming atmosphere.

Finally, my first Grand Prix!! The racing could have been more exciting, at one point it looked like Hamilton could genuinely challenge for the win.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019