News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

Formula E (Electric Dreams)

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 01:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

That's very Bernie Ecclestone of Formula E.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Yes, but it's augmented by a HYPERBOOST Super Mario style feature. Go off the racing line and activate a more powerful engine which will last four minutes. How odd is that.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."

Penfold

Extremely.  To think, people are actually getting paid to come up with all this crap.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

Part of the idea is to find a way to include strategy in the equation since they will not be pitting for tires or fuel otherwise. I am not sure about it, but they are right that races without any strategy can become processional.

Penfold

Shouldn't really be an issue for cars with so little downforce, but if they feel it's necessary I'd favour the simplicity (and fairness) of IndyCar's push-to-pass system.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I shall use this for any and all electric stuff now.

https://www.motorsport.com/hillclimb/news/dumas-sets-early-pace-in-pikes-peak-qualifying-in-electric-vw-1047057/

Boom, the Volkswagen electric car goes nuts at Pikes Peak, over 11 seconds faster than the second fastest car in the first qualifying runs.

Penfold

Never mind all that electric stuff and how fast it's gone up a hill, I'm just fixated on that beast of a rear wing.  That thing is an absolute monster.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

Buemi and Alexander Albon confirmed for the E.Dams team next season, thus ruling both out of an F1 drive: https://www.racefans.net/2018/09/20/nissan-formula-e-deal-buemi-rules-out-2019-f1-return/

If Albon does ever make it to F1, or perhaps even if he makes a name for himself in FE, I shall call him Blur.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Matt

No link from me now, but there was also a story that Rosenqvist will do every Formula E round that does not conflict with IndyCar.

Chrill

Rosenqvist has a tendency to race in multiple series during the same season.

Penfold

Van Door touted as a driver for HWA in the upcoming season, possibly alongside Gary Paffett: https://e-racing365.com/formula-e/vandoorne-closing-in-on-hwa-formula-e-seat/

HWA will metamorphosise into the Mercedes FE entry for the 2019/20 campaign, so I guess Ocon is also a candidate if Merc wants to keep him racing next year.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Penfold

First race.  Anyone see it?  Racing was okay, the cars seem appreciably nippier than the Gen1 models which is no bad thing, and, uh, I can't really be arsed to type anything else about it right now.
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

I did not watch it. It's getting a bit too arcade for my liking. Speed zones? Sure, it's only slightly more gimmicky than DRS but still.