News:

Welcome to the MF1 Forum

Main Menu

F1 News Snippets

Started by Penfold, March 03, 2017, 05:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrill

Quite frankly, Andretti is the only one with merits to join the grid.

If Mister Lo has the money, he could team up with someone like Prema or DAMS to make it happen, but I don't want to see "Dorilton Racing Team" any time soon.
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019

Penfold

Finally some more news on Andretti's F1 ambitions: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/andretti-and-cadillac-announce-formula-1-entry-plans-/10417491/

Would love to know the timescale Andretti has in mind... wait for the new engine regulations in '26?Does seem a long way off but would it be worth building an entry for the year before
"I like beating and punching."
- Chrill (28/09/2018)

Chrill

Quote from: Penfold on January 05, 2023, 11:48:05 AM
Finally some more news on Andretti's F1 ambitions: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/andretti-and-cadillac-announce-formula-1-entry-plans-/10417491/

Would love to know the timescale Andretti has in mind... wait for the new engine regulations in '26?Does seem a long way off but would it be worth building an entry for the year before

Depends how badly the 2025 and 2026 cars will differ. Andretti and Cadillac is not bringing a new engine, so I see 2025 as a potential date for entry.

We'll see if the FIA tender brings in more interested parties, I wouldn't mind a full grid of 26 cars if the three new entrants can compete with AlphaTauri, Alpine, Aston Martin, and McLaren rather than struggling to keep up with whoever runs P20. That $200 million "dilution fee" will serve to keep teams like HRT and USF1 away from the grid, but bringing in Andretti sounds perfectly reasonable.

I wouldn't mind an Asian team, so how about TOM's or Mugen from Super Formula? And then for the 12th entry, we'll just grab something from South America. How about Senna Racing Team? Bruno heads it up, maybe Massa and Barrichello can join as ambassadors or something akin to a Lauda-esque role?
"It is becoming apparent Ericsson is not, after all, joining Ferrari Ganassi for 2019 2020."
- Chrill, 28 Sep 2018 8 Oct 2019